Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Newbie Q: Single CPFlight EFIS controlling both displays ?

Hi all. Very new to cockpit building, and am going to start slowly, with a CPFlight single EFIS and MCP (EL).
    Initially, it will be used just with FSX and the PMDG 747 & NGX (eventually), and the Level-D.
    The question is, can I use a keyboard modifier, or any other means, to control the Capt & FO NDs independently using a single EFIS?
    Sorry if this is a daft question, but I'm new here

MyCockpit Support Staff

Re: Newbie Q: Single CPFlight EFIS controlling both displays ?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jones View Post
    Hi all. Very new to cockpit building, and am going to start slowly, with a CPFlight single EFIS and MCP (EL).
    Initially, it will be used just with FSX and the PMDG 747 & NGX (eventually), and the Level-D.
    The question is, can I use a keyboard modifier, or any other means, to control the Capt & FO NDs independently using a single EFIS?
    Sorry if this is a daft question, but I'm new here
    Hi Steve, I have used CPFlight MCP fitted with two EFIS units + PMDG for quite a while. (the second EFIS was eye candy with PMDG. I'm not sure about the NGX (if it arrives before Star Trek beaming technology replaces airliners!) but as far as I'm aware there is no independent Capt. F.O. displays, you would need a second EFIS for this if there was. PM software or the fantastic new SimAvionics from FDS will allow display independence. It is my own view that the 'brains' and avionics of any sim should not be an area for compromise or the inevitable issues will appear! Good control hardware and sound Avionics are essential to assure success, it's a matter spend the bucks where it is most needed for good results. I can't wait to get SimAvionics gracing my sim, I have seen it running on several occasions and I believe it is far superior to all alternatives.

Cheers Gwyn
    Last edited by Westozy; 02-07-2011 at 11:12 PM.

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

3. Thanks Steve Jones thanked for this post

Re: Newbie Q: Single CPFlight EFIS controlling both displays ?

Many thanks Gwyn,
    I think I'll just wing it with one for a while. The NGX and its SDK may change this.
    Cheers, Stephen.