10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

fsx 737-800 engine start

sorry if this is duplicate - someone point me if necessary - have looked without success
    fsx- fsuipc4 default 737-800
    simple issue - have programmed several single action switches ok in SIOC with O/C

I wish to start engine 1
    have programmed switch and on result i set $0892 TO 2 (AND ALSO tried 1) I also set $0390 to 1 the start valve shows open in the ecam and engine starts to spool but the 'master starter switch' below the throttle doesn't move. When I move this switch with the engine spooliing - it immediately picks up - what am i missing
    Tks in advance - Mike

300+ Forum Addict

Re: fsx 737-800 engine start

Quote Originally Posted by UKV1342 View Post
    have programmed switch and on result i set $0892 TO 2 (AND ALSO tried 1) I also set $0390 to 1 the start valve shows open in the ecam
    0390 is not a supported offset. It does nothing. Maybe you mean 3590? In any case on a 737 you don't open that valve yourself, it opens automatically with the starter switch.

and engine starts to spool but the 'master starter switch' below the throttle doesn't move. When I move this switch with the engine spooliing - it immediately picks up - what am i missing
    Moving the start lever from "cut off" to "idle" when the engine spooling speed is high enough (20-25% on a B737NG) is the correct way to start a jet -- that introduces the fuel at the right time. This is not automatic. Have you not tried flying a jet in FS before? I'm sure it is documented in the kneeboards or FS help.

The starter levers are operated by the Mixture controls, controlling fuel flow as they do for a prop. Mixture lean = cutoff, mixture rich = idle. That is what the FS documented start procedure uses -- Ctrl+Shift+F1 for cut off, Ctrl+Shift+F4 for idle, with default assignments. I think it's been this way in FS for many many years -- at least back to FS4 that I recall.

To kill the engines you cut the fuel using the Mixture Lean control, cutting off the fuel.

Regards
    Pete

10+ Posting Member

Re: fsx 737-800 engine start

THanks for the lightning reply - yes have flown jets for years but always used mouse pointers - just getting into the cockpit build and using fsuipc and its tools - great help btw. - will investigate the engine mixture