25+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hello from Hamburg/Germany

It's now a year ago since I decided to build a 737 cockpit. After many years in sim flying and a short "career" as an online pilot on VATSIM my wife gave me as a great birthday present to fly in a real based fix simulator in Berlin. That was the signal for me to start building my own one without further thoughts about the time and cost this project will swamp.
    First I thought it would be nice to a have a bigger visual outside view and bigger PFD/ND/EICAS screen than the small ones on one monitor.
    With my first self builded MIP three monitors for the PFDs and a beamer the project grows more and more. Then came the time to buy all the needed switches and indicator and of course the panels for the MIP and I found out how expensive it would be to buy them one by one. I found POLDRAGONET and decided to buy the complete MIP-Set and this was the point of no return.
    I then bought the EFIS and MCP and several IO-cards from OC and the Overhead from POLDRAGONET to make the project more complete. The motorized TQ was and is still too expensive for me so I decided to built it by myself which I finished these days. It is not perfect but building it with only simple home tools its ok for me AND it works (several tries, blood, sweat and tears later).
    My next work will be to interface the Overhead and to build the Yoke column for Capt. and Co.
    One last word to the avionic. I first thought to fly with Simavionc but I was two days! too late after some weeks of testing and the price for this great suite exploded as the most of you know I guess. But now there is Marty with his wonderful PROSIM737 suite which I use now and I hope the price for the final version be not higher than expected.
    O.k. "it's a long way to the top if you wanna..." full functionally cockpit so I don't want to hold everyone up (thanks to LEO.com) with my story and my bad english. So please find some pics of my actual cockpit attached have agood day and MERRY CHRISTAMS to everyone.
    Many greetings,
    Kai
    Attached Images Attached Images

300+ Forum Addict

Re: Hello from Hamburg/Germany

Hi and firstly welcome to MyCockpit.org. There are a lot of 737 builders here and a load of other builders. The amount of knowledge and information floating around this forum is indescribable. Are you based in Berlin too?

I also have the Poldragont MIP, well I die not use the three part MIP but used 8mm MDF instead, I did use all the sub panels etc. I'd love to see some detail (close up ) pictures of your Poldragonet overhead. I have a self made overhead but the more I get into the project the more the idea of a commercial overhead attracts me. I am thinking of the simworld.pl overhead as it looks the most complete.

Like you I use Marty's software, well, almost from the first day he made it public. It is up to now the most complete overhead logic system and the other modules are not far behind.
    Last edited by capetonian; 12-14-2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Ah , I see you are from Hamburg :)

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Hello from Hamburg/Germany

Hi Kai,
    welcome to mycockpit.org! I also live in Hamburg (Sülldorf) and I am building my third cockpit project. This time nearly all finished parts from FDS.
    You can check my process on facebook : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Projec...74861809209671
    If you like, we can meet one day and exchange experiences
    Regards
    Jan
    Visit my project on Facebook and become a fan www.facebook.de/homecockpit