10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Project Magenta & PMDG

I would like to know what are different between the software of Project Magenta and PMDG?

Which one is better?

Or it needs both in order to fulfill the software requirement of the 737 cockpit.

150+ Forum Groupie Atomic_Sheep's Avatar

Re: Project Magenta & PMDG

Project magenta provides just the panels for the aircraft with no virtual cockpit, no visual model of the aircraft, no flight model of the aircraft (as far as I know). In other words, project magenta is just all the systems on board the plane. PMDG is a complete aircraft. So you can use the Project Magenta gauges with any aircraft in MS Flight Simulator i.e. you will have outputs on the MFD etc whether you're flying a Cessna, airbus or 737. I don't know whether you are using FSX or FS2004 but if you are using FSX, chances are, 737 NGX will not have 2D panels as the Jetstream 41 aircraft they created for FSX didn't have either. If you get the 2004 version then you can happily use that plane in place of Project Magenta. To be honest, I wouldn't be able to tell you the exact differences in the system modelling of the two aircraft so I wouldn't be able to tell you which one is more complete but I'm pretty sure both are as comprehensive as anyone would ever need. The MD-11 I think it is that PMDG made supposedly has system failures modelled and if the 737 NGX comes out with the same features, I think that it's overall a much more comprehensive package than Project Magenta.

I think both will suit you fine... the question is really whether you are looking to get 737 NGX which might not have the 2D panels which you'll need to create the displays and also the other issue I mentioned... whether you are looking to purchase a complete aircraft with external model, arguably the best flight model for any given aircraft model that they make, virtual cockpit, great sounds and a huge list of other features or whether you just need the instruments. If you go the project magenta way, you might look into getting PMDG simply because of the flight model that I'm sure will be the best out of any available 737 for FSX. If you decide not to go PMDG, then you can d/l custom sounds for the 737 engines from flightsim.com or avsim.com which are excellent, you will also need to d/l some good flight model whether free or a payware from another company other than PMDG.

10+ Posting Member

Re: Project Magenta & PMDG

Actuality, it is very easy to find the FSUIPC offset of the Project Magenta. But it cannot find the special FSUIPC offset for the PMDG.

So, how can I program the SIOC for the opencockpit products?

In fact, I prefer the PMDG system and FSX.