Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Thumbs up Pilot to copilot headset

Great tutorial. Small question: Can someone explain what this exactly is and where to get it?

Thanks, JWS

Re: Pilot to copilot headset

I believe this is what he posted a picture of:

http://www.amazon.com/Channel-Extern.../dp/B002T7ZS0O

500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar

Hi JWS,

This is an external USB sound adapter (card). You can find many options out there. I personaly have a sound blaster, which I am happy with. Most of them cost around 10 to 20 euros.

All you have to do is connect to the PC where the ATC software (squackbox, teamspeak, etc...). Usualy no drivers are required. After windows installation, just plug two adaptors, one on the sound and one on the mic 3,5mm plug. Then just plug in both headsets to the adaptors and you are ready to go

4. Thanks choffmann thanked for this post
    25+ Posting Member

Very good compilation of information and jus at the right moment for me!

Could someone advice me about which kind of "Dual Headsets" gets appropiate sound quality?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by hark40 View Post
    Very good compilation of information and jus at the right moment for me!

Could someone advice me about which kind of "Dual Headsets" gets appropiate sound quality?

Thanks,
    There are tons of great headsets out there. To be honest I had one Saitek Pro in my hands from the past, so I bought a second one to have the same for F/O too. Saiteks are top quality but too expensive too.

Few weeks ago I went to the local Media Markt shop near my place and I found out that there are great headsets, with the "pilot look" too, costing around 30 euros each.

So I would say buy what you like, and fits your price range, but it is important to have a volume switch, so that you can volume up or down depending on the noice or ATC quality sound.

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...t=dual+headset

Please read after post number 21

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1150 View Post
    Few weeks ago I went to the local Media Markt shop near my place and I found out that there are great headsets, with the "pilot look" too, costing around 30 euros each.

Please read after post number 21
    Link does not work.

Call me stupid but to be sure, you either use the left hand side type splitter or the right hand side (not both).

Nick, do you have a pic of the specific type of pilot head set you saw at your Mediamarkt?

Cheers,

JWS

500+ This must be a daytime job

Here's the link to Nick's thread (after post 21) in full, as the forum seems to have truncated the middle portion of it

500+ This must be a daytime job Ronson2k9's Avatar

One of the things that influenced my decision to get an aviation headset is the investment factor. I hope to one day get my PPL so with that in mind I wanted a headset that I could use for both flight simming and actual aviation. Also I found on Ebay that after being outbid quite a few times (I couldn't take it anymore and) I bought it as a Buy It Now item. It costs just a bit less then the saitek headset but I can unplug it from the computer pack it in my kit and take it to the field with me someday. I also got a deal on the adapter so I got that at the same time.

Ebay is your best friend when it comes to getting used aviation stuff. A few tips. Ya I know most everyone here is Ebay savvy but it couldn't hurt.

1 - Check the sellers rep and or what buyers have said about them. Anything under 95% I usually don't bother with. Over that but under 100% I look at what the negative reports are. In some cases you can chock it up to the buyer not having done their homework.

2 - If you are bidding on an item. Keep in mind that someone could very well outbid you. So keep the buy it now items on your watch list just in case getting out bid happens pretty often. I found people will pounce on items just before the bidding has ended. As you can now put in your maximum bid do some research on the item find out what (if available new) the current price is and bid accordingly (given it's usage and age).

3 - Make sure you get shipping/handling charges for the item to your location before you bid/purchase the item. Even though there is a calculator for shipping and can give a good estimate it's always best to contact the seller to confirm the shipping charges. Just so there is no surprises should you win/buy the item.

4 - Don't get caught up in the fervor of the auction. Have a budget and stick to it. It's easy to fall in love with the item your watching all the time to see if some one has out bid you but remember. There are more of those where that came from. If you get outbid on something you want just keep searching it may not show up again immediately but Ebay is a big (virtual) place.

Cheers
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by JWS View Post
    Link does not work.

Call me stupid but to be sure, you either use the left hand side type splitter or the right hand side (not both).

Nick, do you have a pic of the specific type of pilot head set you saw at your Mediamarkt?

Cheers,

JWS
    Hi JWS,

Sorry I do not have a pic from Media Markt, but I am sure that in the headset department of your local Media Markt you will find many options.

Can you please explain your question about the splitter above, do I can understand and reply ?

Thanks

Nick,

What I meant was this: there are two items shown. 1 flat thing with 2 holes on one side and a pin on the other side (A), and a splitter with 2 cables (B). Now do I understand correctly that you can choose between A or B (they are alternative options) and you do not use both of them?

JWS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast