Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    766
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Is this a crazy idea, or what ?

    Hi,

    So I have a spare old sony vaio in my place, together with 3 LG screens and one TH2GO digital.

    My crazy idea is to connect the TH2GO with the screens and the laptop, put WideFS in the startup menu and I would like in those screens to randomly display several inside and outside views during the flight, like for instance during landing, takeoff, gear up or down, touch down, or even when changing heading after passing a waypoint.

    My fantasy is to create a kind of lounge behind my cockpit, where friends hang out and we fly at the same time. My idea is to put the 3 screens around and be able to see different moments of interest during our flights.

    I know it is something weird, but I just thought to ask if there is such an addon

    Thanks,

  2. Thanks Joe Cygan thanked for this post
  3. #2
    150+ Forum Groupie makoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Finland / Philippines
    Posts
    156
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Re: Is this a crazy idea, or what ?

    Grazy nice idea : )
    I have idea to put one screen outside of cockpit.
    Like in real cabin, camera view, security video, moving map etc.
    Just hope that addon like that coming someday, i think only one is FeelThere map, but only working with Master computer?

    Marco

  4. #3
    300+ Forum Addict skino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    349
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Re: Is this a crazy idea, or what ?

    First Part of the "Addon" http://www.feelthere.com/2005/map.html

  5. #4
    Forum Moderator JWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    490
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Re: Is this a crazy idea, or what ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick1150 View Post
    Hi,

    My fantasy is to create a kind of lounge behind my cockpit, where friends hang out and we fly at the same time. My idea is to put the 3 screens around and be able to see different moments of interest during our flights.
    Thanks,
    Nick, whatever gave you the idea that your friends want to stay in the lounge. Do you want to stay in the cabin during a real flight? No, you want to get up front, have a talk with the guys and see how they are doing and try to learn from it.
    Or are you so safety minded (to put it nice) that like in reality no one is allowed to your deck anymore??

    JWS

  6. #5
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    654
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Re: Is this a crazy idea, or what ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick1150 View Post
    Hi,

    So I have a spare old sony vaio in my place, together with 3 LG screens and one TH2GO digital.

    My crazy idea is to connect the TH2GO with the screens and the laptop, put WideFS in the startup menu and I would like in those screens to randomly display several inside and outside views during the flight, like for instance during landing, takeoff, gear up or down, touch down, or even when changing heading after passing a waypoint.

    My fantasy is to create a kind of lounge behind my cockpit, where friends hang out and we fly at the same time. My idea is to put the 3 screens around and be able to see different moments of interest during our flights.

    I know it is something weird, but I just thought to ask if there is such an addon

    Thanks,
    Great idea! Go for it.

  7. #6
    500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    766
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Re: Is this a crazy idea, or what ?

    Quote Originally Posted by skino View Post
    First Part of the "Addon" http://www.feelthere.com/2005/map.html
    Thanks Skino for your info. This is only for map right ? There is a network version too !

    Quote Originally Posted by JWS View Post
    Nick, whatever gave you the idea that your friends want to stay in the lounge. Do you want to stay in the cabin during a real flight? No, you want to get up front, have a talk with the guys and see how they are doing and try to learn from it.
    Or are you so safety minded (to put it nice) that like in reality no one is allowed to your deck anymore??

    JWS
    Hey JWS,

    You have got me wrong mate

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cygan View Post
    Great idea! Go for it.
    Thanks Joe




    Searching the web, I found ACTIVE CAMERA 2004, but I guest it is an FS9 only addon. This could be a great tool BTW !!!

    I also found DBS Walk&Follow 2004, but I guest it is not network designed too.

    If I find anything else I will let you know.

  8. #7
    150+ Forum Groupie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Saskatchewan,Canada
    Posts
    255
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Re: Is this a crazy idea, or what ?

    Wouldn't Active Camera work on another computer with Widefs ??

    Maybe Wideview would work for you?

  9. #8
    500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    766
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Re: Is this a crazy idea, or what ?

    Quote Originally Posted by spitfire9 View Post
    Wouldn't Active Camera work on another computer with Widefs ??

    Maybe Wideview would work for you?
    Actually I don't have a clue about both questions.

    About active camera I have already sent an e-mail to them, so I will let you know.

    About WideView, does it changes the views on certain conditions ? Like for instance during gearup or gear down, takeoff or landing, etc ?

    Also can wideview display multiple views in one pc, because I can engage multiple pcs for that reason?

  10. #9
    150+ Forum Groupie makoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Finland / Philippines
    Posts
    156
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Re: Is this a crazy idea, or what ?

    Something like this
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #10
    500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    766
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Re: Is this a crazy idea, or what ?

    Quote Originally Posted by makoy View Post
    Something like this
    Hi,

    Thanks for the picture

    I cannot see what it is in the screen. Can you please explain ?

    Thanks

    Nick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New member, crazy idea
    By crabby62 in forum Welcome to MyCockpit New here? Introduce Yourself!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2009, 12:12 AM
  2. Here's (another) crazy thought!
    By AlexJ in forum MyCockpit Crew Rest (Off topic chat forum)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-12-2009, 05:24 AM
  3. Is this crazy or what...?
    By Michael Carter in forum Computer Hardware Setup
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 04:46 AM
  4. Crazy Fsx Situation
    By warvet in forum General Builder Questions All Aircraft Types
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2008, 10:10 AM
  5. Am i going crazy!!!????
    By bindook in forum I/O Interfacing Hardware and Software
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 07:20 AM