Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Updated Pics of BAe146 build

Hello Harryh. I am actually going to use FS2004...only because i have multiple copies. I found using a generic 146 download, then using the airfiles from the baepanelproject.com gives me everthing I need.

727 & DC3 Cockpit Builder skyline223's Avatar

Just curious, how are you going to simulate the systems - specifically triggering specific annunciators? That is a big problem we run into in our 727 sim. Annunciators are easy to program with things like Project Magenta, but obviously such things are not available for aircraft such as the 727 and Bae146.

Hello Skyline223,

A number of my overhead switches and potentiometers are routed through the BU0836X interface board developed by Leo Bodnar.

With the other systems, I am running a 'parellell' simulation using programmable microprocessor chips. For example; the landing gear lamps do not sequence to my satisfaction through FS9...so I have one of the landing gear selector inputs to an IC board that sequences the nose and main gear lamps, along with the handle illumination, and the other output to the BU836X board for FS9 (actual) gear operation.

Another example of my parellell simuation;

A number of lights on the overhead panel illuminate whenever a 'valve' is in transit. For example...when you select the engine air (bleed) to 'ON', or 'OFF' the respective engine air valve travels to respective OPEN, or CLOSED position. Whenever the valve is in transit, the ENGINE _AIR VALVE caution light will illuinate for a brief moment whilst valve is moving to the selected position.

Since a number of systems operate in this fashion, it was easy to connect them to an IC board that will allow the caution light to flash for a second whenever the switch is manipulated to ON or OFF.

I am also going to have a fully operational simulator instructors panel behind the Captain. This will allow inputs such as engine fire, failure, and certain hydraulic, electrical and air supply faults to be enabled and displayed to the flight crew.

A 'lamp switcher' IC board has been employed that will allow the red flashing glareshield and yellow flashing glareshield lights to operate whenever a fault illuminates on the central master warning panel/ overhead panel. These lamps have a push to cancel function that will stop them from flashing once the fault/failure has been acknowleged.

I have entertained the idea of warning chimes etc....however to be honest I actually found them (with the exception of the fire bell) quite annoying in the real Aircraft....but will eventually include them to maintain authenticity.

-Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12