Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

FSUIPC: Deleting Commands

Hello all, long time reader, first time poster.

I've taken the plunge and registered FSUIPC and bought a BU0836X card, and am planning on making a cheap overhead panel. Basically using DPDT switches to control LEDs. This is with the PMDG 737-800 for FS2004. Not the most realistic, but better than nothing. May start a blog later on.

Anyway, in playing around with FSUIPC, I creating mouse macros, and assigning some functions to my existing joysticks/keyboard. However, I have made an error somewhere. I was trying to set two buttons on my CH throttle quadrant to do differential left and right brakes respectively, and to repeat when held down. You get the idea. However, in doing so, every time I even load the airplane into the simulator, the differential brake remains on, and I can't turn it off. By advancing the throttles, it becomes clear that this is the left brake.

There is also an issue that FSUIPC insists that on the CH quadrant, button 32 is always being pressed. ie: it keeps finding button 32. In keeping all this in mind, I can't seem to find a way to either delete the differential brake assignment, or delete any assignment. I am even happy to delete all assignments, as I haven't done that much anyway. I guess this is the question: How do I do that?

I find the different scale of this hobby quite intriguing, and there seems to be no real way on doing things, everyone seems to do their own, yet every simulator is similar in a way.

Thankyou very much, and I appreciate any help that you may be able to offer.

Alex, Perth

500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar

Re: FSUIPC: Deleting Commands

hello alex......
    simply go into your fs2004/modules folder and delete the FSUIPC.ini file.
    next time you start the sim, FSUIPC will create a new empty one which
    will give you a fresh start.....
    good luck and merry christmas

ian
    Mr. Ian. P. Sissons is hereby recognised as an Honorary Flight Sim Captain following his passing in February 2016. This is in recognition for his commitment to Flight Simulation.

www.mycockpit.org Featured Builder August 2008 www.737ng.co.uk
    FS9/PROSIM737/CPFLIGHT/Lots of BU0836X's and a Beer Fridge

Thankyou Ian, I've been a big fan for a while, and have been following your progress for the past 4 odd years. It is amazing.

Anyway, I have managed to fix the problem by deleting all the FSUIPC files in the Modules folder in the AppData File. This may be of use to someone in the future.

C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Modules

Thankyou, Alex

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by spartacus View Post
    There is also an issue that FSUIPC insists that on the CH quadrant, button 32 is always being pressed. ie: it keeps finding button 32.
    Buttons 32-39 are Hat positions, 32 being forward. Something is wrong with the device if it keeps repeating -- FSUIPC will only react to a change, from "off" to "on", for a button, so that signal is probably floating or something. Check the wiring.

If it's a permanent problem that cannot be fixed, You can tell FSUIPC to ignore it, but that needs an INI file change before loading FS. It is documented in the Advanced Users guide. But it's best to get the hardware fixed, generally.

In keeping all this in mind, I can't seem to find a way to either delete the differential brake assignment, or delete any assignment.
    For buttons, didn't you notice the "Clear" button, top right in the buttons assignment screen?

I am even happy to delete all assignments, as I haven't done that much anyway. I guess this is the question: How do I do that?
    As stated in the documentation, in the User Guide in fact, in the Buttons section of all places:

"Finally, if you want to clear ALL the FSUIPC button programming, without pressing each button and pressing “Clear” in turn, just delete the complete [Buttons] section (for global buttons) and [Buttons.] sections (for aircraft-specific buttons) in FSUIPC.INI. Try to do this when FS is not running. Most changes to the INI file are only noticed by FSUIPC when FS is started, though both the Keys and Buttons sections are reloaded when you change aircraft."

If you have questions on FSUIPC which are not answered to your satisfaction in the supplied documents, please do come to the Support Forum for it!

Regards
    Pete

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by spartacus View Post
    I have managed to fix the problem by deleting all the FSUIPC files in the Modules folder in the AppData File. This may be of use to someone in the future.
    The Modules folder is accessible directly in the Flight Simulator folder. It is user accessible. You most certainly do not need to burrow down through any "virtual storage" in your AppDAta. THat's a completely round-about way and unnecessary.

If that's the first time you've been to the Modules folder then I'm not surprised you don't know anything about how to use FSUIPC, because the documentation is installed for you in the FSUIPC Documents folder INSIDE the Modules folder! Please do read the Installation Guide which tells you these things, and is inside the FSUIPC ZIP file (right next to the Installer!)

I continue to be amazed at how complicated some folks make things. It is much simpler than you seem to think.

Regards
    Pete

Pete, firstly, great program. Its working wonders already. Sorry it took me so long to register it

I did discover the manuals while looking for the .ini folder, and intend on looking their as a first point of call anyway. I couldn't find them in the .exe due to the way that I catalogue all my .exe files means that I store the .pdfs seperatly, and I forgot that they existed. I will refer to them more often in the future. I didn't try to over complicate things, that's just the way it worked out to be.

Re button 32, I'll look into that soon and touch back on how I went about it.

Thankyou very much for you patient nature, there aren't many forums out there today that welcome newcomers in this way.

Alex, Perth