25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Programming Help Needed Please

Hello, I am finish building my A-320 Cockpit. This is what I am working with...

I have 1 computer with 2 768mb GeForce video cards. I am running DVI out into 2 HD Monitors, and on card #2 I am hooked up to a tripleHead2GO 1 of the screens is 17" dell monitor and the other one is Elo Touchscreen monitor. Every time I try to undock and move my instruments around to other screens, I keep getting a Fatal Error message. Can anyone try to tell me what I might need to do that or help me figure out what is going wrong. Thank you for any help.

25+ Posting Member bussgarfield's Avatar

Re: Programming Help Needed Please

You don't say what operating system or what FS you are using but -

I operate Vista with FSX. I have 3 Nvidia video cards each with two DVI outs. On each of the cards I have one 22" monitor and these three monitors are used for my front visuals. On the first card the second DVI is used for the 19" monitor for the PFD captains side. On the second card the S video socket is used for my FMC. When I tried to connect my 15" Dell monitor to the third card for the EICAS, every time I tried to start FSX I also received the error message.
    No matter how I tried to configure the monitors I kept getting the same message on FSX start up.

Using Nvidia's own software, I came to the conclusion that the 'old' Dell monitor was limited to a 900 X 600 resolution where as the other 'newer' monitors could accept a greater resolution. By disconnecting the Dell, everything worked fine again.

It appeared to me that you can't mix different monitor resolutions on the same video card.

Not quite the same problem as you but may or may not be related. I cant give you exact resolution figures as I am in the UK at the moment and away from my pit.

Someone here with a greater knowledge than me may be able to assist you better or even advise me on the issues with my Dell resolutions.

Gary

25+ Posting Member

Re: Programming Help Needed Please

Hello, I am runnig Vista 32bit with 2 Nvidia 768mb cards each one having 2 DVI out puts. I am also running FSX and I am having the problem of dragging instruments around to other screens. I will give you a run down of how I have it set-up.

Video Card #1.. DVI output 1 into a DVI Splitter. So I have one signal going to 2 22" HD Monitors.

Video Card #1 DVI output 2 is not active as of right now. I will be sending that signal to a HD Projector for outside view.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Video Card #2 DVI output 3 is running into a TripleHead2Go (Analog Version) I am coming out of the DVI output with a DVI to VGA adaptor
    going into TripleHead2Go VGA input. Then out of TripleHead2Go (1L) into my Dell 17" monitor for my EICAS.

Video Card #2 DVI output 4 is going direct into Elo touchscreen monitor for my FMC and other things. That's what I have and I hope this helps. Remember.. I keep getting a Fatal Error Message.