Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Open Cockpits FMC......HELP PLEASE !!!!!!

With Windows 7 you can't confg as TV out, however you can set to extended. I'm thinking it might be in the converter or rca plug. They (OC) suggested this converter but they also showed a special plug with one end to recieve the RCA plug, the other a SVS (same type on DVD out) plug to converter. The converter also had an RCA out plug only which is what I am using. The converter is set for PAL format. I'm to the point of pulling what little hair I have out. Regatds Dave

I would really recommend trying at least 2.5 amps (2500 miliamps). I had a 7" monitor that wouldn't work with less than 2.5amps. Its worth a try, It won't hurt the screen. My power supply is from a playstation one.

500+ This must be a daytime job

Dave

I am not convinced that it is an ampage issue as OC supply a power unit of 300ma capacity - they surely would not do that if it was likely to be inadequate, in any event yours is 1300ma.

I would be inclined to ignore the video converter and try a more direct route. Do you have a secondary s-video output on your pc. If so, then all you need is a s-video to rca converter - a simple inline and cheap passive unit. If all is well then your pc will recognise your screen as a TV not a monitor. Then using whatever graphic card config utility you have set up the fmc screen as a TV with 800x600 resolution, s-video connection, you may have to experiment with the different PAL settings (I use UK PAL). The preceding is based on my working setup using an Nvidea card, and s-video to RCA converter.

I have also found that if you sometimes lose the screen display, then changing the resolution seems to reboot things and the screen returns !

David

75+ Posting Member

Just to be sure to measure the voltage under load with the FMCs connected and powered

75+ Posting Member

Dave , i would try to connect your oc monitor to
    some analog device , like dvd video analog output or similar for test.

I guess that 1.3A 7.5v power vould be enoght
    be careful with the polarity however

Yoss

75+ Posting Member

Did and monitor works fine. Rechecked plug and power plug had somehow been slighty pulled out and the monitor was not getting any power. Now it's how to configure this thing as I have Windows 7. Regards Dave

75+ Posting Member

Hi Dave: Dumb old me..I finally got up enough courage to try to tackle this problem after getting an email from OC telling me to connect an analog input cable to the monitor screen from a portable DVD player so I started to pull the FMC out from it's mounting and walla...the screen lit up and my desktop picture appeared. I checked and the power plug was not in firm and after snapping it in place screen stayed on. Now the problem of figuring out how to get the image I need on the FMC. Windows 7 does not recognize it as tv out so I really need some help in a step by step form as to how to configure this thing so it will work, but at least I know there is nothing wrong with the screen. Regards Dave

I am not convinced that it is an ampage issue as OC supply a power unit of 300ma capacity - they surely would not do that if it was likely to be inadequate, in any event yours is 1300ma.

I would be inclined to ignore the video converter and try a more direct route. Do you have a secondary s-video output on your pc. If so, then all you need is a s-video to rca converter - a simple inline and cheap passive unit. If all is well then your pc will recognise your screen as a TV not a monitor. Then using whatever graphic card config utility you have set up the fmc screen as a TV with 800x600 resolution, s-video connection, you may have to experiment with the different PAL settings (I use UK PAL). The preceding is based on my working setup using an Nvidea card, and s-video to RCA converter.

I have also found that if you sometimes lose the screen display, then changing the resolution seems to reboot things and the screen returns !

David[/QUOTE]

300+ Forum Addict

Body in Netherlands, Hart in the Fairest Cape!

I got my Open Cockpits FMC (purchased at the FSWeekend) to work on Friday after adding a Trust Televiewer. The televiewer enables me to adjust the picture size and positioning, ... finally I am am chuffed. Like you I had first tried the screen plugged directly into the analogue out of my video camera and the image was perfect. I gave up on using a composite output on the video card and now have it running from RGB via the vga converter to composite.

300+ Forum Addict

Body in Netherlands, Hart in the Fairest Cape!

a pic of mine taken last night.

The screen is slightly blurred, that's because I took the pic with the flash off and a long exposure time.

500+ This must be a daytime job

Quote Originally Posted by davemckee View Post
    Now the problem of figuring out how to get the image I need on the FMC. Windows 7 does not recognize it as tv out so I really need some help in a step by step form as to how to configure this thing so it will work, but at least I know there is nothing wrong with the screen. Regards Dave
    David
    Dave

Good news and progress. I do not have Window 7, so am unable to give you a step by step guide - though there must be others on this forum who can. Firstly, you should advise your current configuration and setup ie

What video card are you using
    What output are you using on the video card
    Are you using the video converter, if so what input and output connections are you using.

Regards

David

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast