Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Boeing Opencockpits ATC module and PMDG 737

Hi there,

does anybody out there know, what functions of the PMDG 737 for FS9 are fully supported by the Opencockpits ATC module - and what not? As I have read somewhere not all add ons will work 100% with (http://www.mutleyshangar.com/reviews...atc/737atc.htm).

The guys at Opencockpits unfortunately don't know either ...

Thanks a lot,

Alex
    # IYP Pilot 11555 # Vista Sp1 # FSUIPC 3.90 # FS9.1 # PMDG737-600 # C2D 3.16 3GB ATI4650 # RC4 AS6 ItsYourPlane FSXpand # OC_MCP OC_FMC TripleHead2Go

500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar

Re: Opencockpits ATC module and PMDG 737

Quote Originally Posted by aweiss09 View Post
    Hi there,

does anybody out there know, what functions of the PMDG 737 for FS9 are fully supported by the Opencockpits ATC module - and what not? As I have read somewhere not all add ons will work 100% with (http://www.mutleyshangar.com/reviews...atc/737atc.htm).

The guys at Opencockpits unfortunately don't know either ...

Thanks a lot,

Alex
    I fly PMDG 737-800 (no other software) and I had all opencockpits pedestal panels for a month, till last week that I sold them to get the CPflight modules.

Opencockpits modules are ok, CPflight modules are excelent. Depending on your budget you can choose what you will get. I choosed opencockpits, but at the end the cost was more after changing to CP...

The ATC works fine, except that it has not a dual concentric rotary switch, but for me it was not a problem. Took me 2 seconds to understand how it works and had no problem with it. What I had a problem though, was that the ATC switch could not trigger PMDG TA and TA/RA so even if you put TA/RA on the opencockpits ATC, you have to click with your mouse to the PMDG ATC panel to get the TCAS on, and that was a problem for me. After all home cockpit building is about minimizing clicks right ? CPflight ATC together with FSlabs driver does changes to TA/RA as it is supposed to do and also has a dual concentric rotary switch as the real 737 does.

Generally I would say that CPflight offers a better and of course more expensive solution in my personal opinion... they say what you pay is what you get... and IMHO in this case the above exists 100%.

My personal opinion only of course...

Hope I helped,

Thanks Nick, understood so far but some questions remain:

1. Do I need CPFlight's MCP737Pro or -EL as a base to get all functions working in the future (like Pedestal, Master Caution, etc.)?
    2. Does the FlightSimLabs driver, which I do need to interface the PMDG 737, support other CPFlight's hardware without having the CPFlight's MCP737PRO or -EL installed.
    3. How sould I proceed, assumed I decide to follow the CPFlight's track as you suggested? Right no I own Opencockpits MCP, Opencockpits EFIS, Opencockpits USB- and Mastercard.

Thanks a lot for explaining,

Alex
    # IYP Pilot 11555 # Vista Sp1 # FSUIPC 3.90 # FS9.1 # PMDG737-600 # C2D 3.16 3GB ATI4650 # RC4 AS6 ItsYourPlane FSXpand # OC_MCP OC_FMC TripleHead2Go

500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar

Thanks Nick, understood so far but some questions remain:

1. Do I need CPFlight's MCP737Pro or -EL as a base to get all functions working in the future (like Pedestal, Master Caution, etc.)?

YES YOU DO NEED THE MCP (ANY CPFLIGHT MCP) TO CONNECT IT WITH THE REST MODULES. AS YOU SAY IT IS THE BASE

2. Does the FlightSimLabs driver, which I do need to interface the PMDG 737, support other CPFlight's hardware without having the CPFlight's MCP737PRO or -EL installed.

YES FSLABS DRIVER INTERFACES ALL CPFLIGHT MODULES (MCP, PEDESTAL, FIRE PANEL, ETC...) BUT AS SAID YOU NEED ANY CPFLIGHT MCP FIRST AS A BASE

3. How sould I proceed, assumed I decide to follow the CPFlight's track as you suggested? Right no I own Opencockpits MCP, Opencockpits EFIS, Opencockpits USB- and Mastercard.

I DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAVE FOLLOWED THE OPENCOCKPITS WAY TILL NOW. IF I WAS IN YOUR PLACE, I WOULD PROBABLY CHOOSE OPENCOCKPITS RADIOS THEN

Sorry for the capital letters but the coloring button does not operate...

25+ Posting Member

Hi Captains,

I use the ATC module by OC with my PMDG based Cockpit with no problem.
    ABout the selector for TA/RA I programmed by SIOC a keyboard emulation to send via FSUIPC the command to PMDG. It's more easy than you think.

All the Modules by OC are completly programmable via SIOC. So you can assign any command to any switches on the module itself.
    If you want I can send you the little SCRIPT to do that. Obviosly you need SIOC program to do that.

Regards
    Arnaldo

Boeing Re: Opencockpits ATC module and PMDG 737

Hi Arnaldo,

thats really good news. What else ATC /Transponder functions did you get to work via SIOC/FSUIPC?

Getting the script I would really appreciate - maybe you can post it to the public as well?
    I guess there are some disappointed PMDG pilots in their "open cockpits" out there missing this functions indeed.

Thanks a lot,

Alex

25+ Posting Member

HI There,

As you know all the Plug and Play modules by OC may be used in 2 different ways:
    1) use the program itself for standard use
    2) use SIOC to interface any button, switches and Display of the module to doing what you need.

In my case I use both: The program to display, command, the XPND code I need and SIOC to command TA/RA on PMDG by Rotary switch on ATC module.
    I do that assigning by SIOC a keyboard emulation to FSUIPC, and by this command a Key stroke to activate TA/RA and STBY.(also working for IVAO and VATSIM for ONline flyng)

SO we need: 1)A little SIOC script for Keyboard Emulation and a little modifyng tto Fsuipc.ini to make a double kay assignement.

Sorry guys but it's just little complicate to explain in english but i'm tryng.

I'll be back with the Script and modifications needed to fsuipc.ini file

Regards
    Arnaldo

Quote Originally Posted by bagarie View Post
    I'll be back with the Script and modifications needed to fsuipc.ini file

Regards
    Arnaldo
    Hello Arnaldo,

i also have OC Radios, so it will be a very nice to have your script and tutorial for your method.

Thanks

Eddie
    Eddie Armaos
    Athens-Greece

[

25+ Posting Member

Hi Eddie,

Normally you don't need any Script to use your Radio OC. You can use the IOCModules program, because there are no special assignement to do with PMDG 737. You need just a workaround to use the TARA function of ATC module with PMDG 737.

Regards
    Arnaldo

Bye
    Arnaldo

Quote Originally Posted by bagarie View Post
    Hi Eddie,

Normally you don't need any Script to use your Radio OC. You can use the IOCModules program, because there are no special assignement to do with PMDG 737. You need just a workaround to use the TARA function of ATC module with PMDG 737.

Regards
    Arnaldo
    Yes i know about, i already use them more than 1 year,
    I need your walkaround for some other functions

Thanks Eddie
    Eddie Armaos
    Athens-Greece

[

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast