Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    300+ Forum Addict

Body in Netherlands, Hart in the Fairest Cape!
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: 737 Over Head connections.

Quote Originally Posted by ramazoti View Post
    so that's mean i need the over head electronic panel from engravity and the i/o cards from open cockpits and sioc and my over head is complete and working?
    this is all what i need .. except the programing of sioc all what i need is yes or no ..
    But just a yes or a no will not really help you. You need to Understand what you will have and what you will still need.
    So:

Engravity Overhead + Engravity Electronics + Open cockpits cards = complete solution to the physical overhead.

In this case, yes. That is all you need (except later some gauges (from Open cockpits or Flight Illusion) ) to get your overhead wired up and ready to connect to the rest of your system. After this you need to install SIOC and program the buttons and switches in tyour overhead to tal to FSUIPC

300+ Forum Addict

Body in Netherlands, Hart in the Fairest Cape!

so that's mean i need the over head electronic panel from engravity and the i/o cards from open cockpits and sioc and my over head is complete and working?
    this is all what i need .. except the programing of sioc all what i need is yes or no ..
    Yes.
    But .... .. I don't think there are gauges or an electrical display panel included in the engravity package, therefore, yes, working, but not complete.

500+ This must be a daytime job

Also bear in mind that the functionality of the overhead will depend on what information is available from FSUIPC (assuming that you do not buy an avionics package with internal logic and I/O) and your ability to programme extensively in SIOC - not a task to be under estimated. For example to have full functionality, say a working fuel temp gauge, then there is no FSUIPC info. You would need to code an algorithm in SIOC to determine temp based on altitude, time and OAT. Also, unless you are able to find a well documented and logically correct SIOC file for the overhead, then coding the programme logic for the relationship between fuel switches, bleed air, busses, hydraulics etc is one **** of a challenge.

It all depends upon to what level of realism you aspire, the size of your pocket and your experience level. Before you purchase I strongly recommend more research and examination of your priorities and expectations. None of this is plug and play and it will require a lot of patience and effort to succeed.

Not trying to put you off, just trying to manage expectations and introduce some realism

Regards

David

25+ Posting Member

Hello every one ..
    For the complete electronic kit for OVH now i need to decide witch supplier i must chose depending on green available and the targeting quality. so I've open cockpit and fly engravity and still I've time to decide and ofcorse your recommendation will be highly appreciated and considers.

But the question is is this is really easy to do .. so i don't have any kind of knowledge about electronics but some one told me before that i'm capable of doing it
    so is there is any kine of tutorials about where is the wires goes and the wielding points for the on of switches and rotary switches i mean like a guide for noobs ..
    i know maybe this question was asked before but really i searched over and over but i didn't find any so where can i find that kind of step by step in over head connections from welding till IO cards connections to the PC ..

i know it's not hard question and remember that one day one of you was in my place and have a dream like me to set in his own simulator and fly high but he don't have that much knowledge and he was seeking it )

thanks for letting me to be one of this cute and big family )
    Love you all
    this might be a little help
    but for your O/H electonics, you can either go with OC, engravity or FDS.
    Personally, if yu don't kow anything about programming stay away from OC and go with FDS (Flight deck slutions ITinterface. They pretty much have all the scripts.

I myself am using OC cards and having a blast getting the scripts. Of course I don't really know how to use SIOC but when I find the scripts I just modify them according to my cards.
    As for the logics for the overhead, try using prosim737. and of course it's Fr*e. Plus prosim does generate a sioc stub for you. Again I myself am new to all this so it's the learning curve. It's challenging but it's fun.

10+ Posting Member

That was really helpful guys .. FDS is the best solution .. for the I/O cards and the elctronic kit i think it's not that hard to find in a local market .. and the rest from the internet .. that was so much help thanks so much ..

till i stop some where else .. while building my cockpit..
    i love being here )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12