10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Can't get Wideview to work

I have read the manual a few times, but just cant figure out what is wrong. I am trying to use wideview with two PC's.

One, the server is winxp, and the other the client is win7. TCP/IP is enabled on both machines and checked in the configure page in wideview. They are networked and can see each other.
    FSX is on both machines, and the wideview tab is visible on both.

When I start FSX on the server it shows Status-Started(server)Trial, and the client shows Status-Started(client). I have start wideview automatically checked on both.

I have to start the client manually, as nothing happens automatically after I start the server.. I have the joystick controllers hooked up to the server.

Any action I do on the server, such as start the engines, and move the controllers etc, doesn't happen on the client.

Do I have to do anything to simconnect or fsuipc to get it to work?

Thanks,
    Bill

25+ Posting Member

Re: Can't get Wideview to work

Quote Originally Posted by boris4356 View Post
    I have to start the client manually, as nothing happens automatically after I start the server.. I have the joystick controllers hooked up to the server.

Any action I do on the server, such as start the engines, and move the controllers etc, doesn't happen on the client.

Do I have to do anything to simconnect or fsuipc to get it to work?

Thanks,
    Bill
    Hi Bill,

I have a similar setup to yours and it works fine.

Wideview is for outside view only. The variables you mention are not supported. (Some animations are supported for spot view sync.) Instrument panels are not supported. Check the FAQ at the Wideview site.

Regards,
    -Henri

3. Thanks boris4356 thanked for this post
    150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Bill
    I notice you are running a trial version this may be part of the problem , Quote from insructions
    "If unregistered, WidevieW is limited to 10 minutes of time per flight session. A serial number can be obtained visiting the on-line store at one of the followings websites:

http://store.eSellerate.net/s.asp?s=STR6614395918
    http://www.wideview.it "

but as Henri says use Wideview only to display the outside view using a second networked PC.
    Also re-read the instructions about using IPX protocol instead of TCP/IP as it could save future problems
    regards
    geoff

5. Thanks boris4356 thanked for this post
    150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Bill,

If you start the engines on each computer then save the flight, as default, they will be running when you start. If you want to start these engines each time, unfortunately you would have to go through the same procedure. So it is best to just start them all and save the flight. You will see them moving on each client.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

7. Thanks boris4356 thanked for this post
    10+ Posting Member

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I am only using wideview for outside views. My way of explaining my problem must have been confusing. I am confused myself!

I did end up registering wideview even though I haven't got it working yet.

I have managed to get some communication between the server and the client. I am able to update the time, and I can pan the views, so that is a start. I still can't get the same flight to load on the client from the server. I have to manually set up the flight on the client each time. Then nothing happens on the client.

I still don't have any joystick control on the client. My CH yoke shows up in the fsx controls on the server where it is actually connected, but has no effect on the client.

I have a B-17 cockpit, using the A2A B-17, and really want to get the start up working properly as that is the most fun. In the manual it says to save the flights with the engines off, so there must be a way to make this work. Im sure the guys with the elaborate jetliner cockpits must be able to do a manual startup using wideview.

Thanks again for all of your suggestions guys! I really appreciate your help!

Bill

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Bill,

Yes you do need each flight saved on each computer but you can load them all from the server, when you go to load a flight under the Wideview Tab, you are asked if you want to load the flight on the clients also. You will get used to it soon, but you should have a good look at the manual as there are many tips for good performance as well as other good explanations.
    Also if you want you can have a default flight saved on each computer then you can change your starting location from the server only, saving you a lot of setting up for each client. Once you have changed the location of the aircraft on the server, the clients will follow suit and load the appropriate scenery to match the server location.
    Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

10. Thanks boris4356 thanked for this post
    10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    Hi Bill,

Yes you do need each flight saved on each computer but you can load them all from the server, when you go to load a flight under the Wideview Tab, you are asked if you want to load the flight on the clients also. You will get used to it soon, but you should have a good look at the manual as there are many tips for good performance as well as other good explanations.
    Also if you want you can have a default flight saved on each computer then you can change your starting location from the server only, saving you a lot of setting up for each client. Once you have changed the location of the aircraft on the server, the clients will follow suit and load the appropriate scenery to match the server location.
    Kind Regards

Bernie.
    Thanks for your help Bernie!
    I am making some headway, as I read the manual more and keep playing around.

Bill