Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

757 MIP, Overhead, throttle....?

Hi guys I'm thinking of start a home cockpit project. a 757 cockpit in this case.
    So now I wonder does anyone know where I can find 757/767 MIP's, Pedestal, Overhead and throttles? Can be both online shop or private person selling these things. But if you know where I can find good cockpit parts for a 757 home cockpit please tell me where. Thanks/ Tim

Re: 757 MIP, Overhead, throttle....?

Timmi,

Last weeks we have seen your posts about bulding a BAE 146 cockpit. A lot of people have helped you, especially Ron, finding things you could have thought of yourself. Then, all of a sudden that project is dumped, a 737 comes around (and is dumped?) and now you want to start a 757. But what really raises my eyebrows (to put it politely) is the fact that you start asking obvious questions all over again that can be answered easily when you put in a little bit of effort yourself.

It makes me wonder what your game is.

JWS

500+ This must be a daytime job Sean Nixon's Avatar

Ouch!

Timmi, given how quickly you gave in your last project, I seriously think if you want to build your own sim, you build something that is very well supported. Surprisingly, that'll be a 737, the NG version. The 757 will require you to fabricate a lot of your own parts, and there are fewer people building them for support particular to that type.

Sean

25+ Posting Member

Yes I know sorry it's just that I can't decide really what type of aircraft I want to make a home cockpit for. Like wich one is easier than another and that one has more parts that is hard to make your self. Yes I know you must be like WTF really but I'm just a bit confused about all these electrical things and how to build that and so on. And about this BAe146 project I didn't expect it to be so hard to find information for you know measures for the MIP and everything. Allso tried to get in touch with I don't know how many to get info of only the measures of the MIP and a full scale poster cost 409 dollars for only a 100% full scale peace of paper of a airplane MIP, Overhead and Pedestal and that kind of money is to much to only begin with gathering information on how to build a home cockpit. I know a home simulator is very very expensive. But you a 737 home sim there are som many more things that is easy to buy fabricated and all. I know most of you here on the forum is building a home simulator not only for making a realistic sim with everything like in the real thing cockpit but allso having fun building maybe your own throttle quadrant and building your own MIP. But I don't think that way, shure I want to have fun building my sim but allso I want it as realistic as possible like making the exact height of the windows in the sim and such I wan't it as real as possible. And maybe I haven't understand this whole thing with Wich sim is most easy to build but maybe more expensive than others. Like the BAe146 that I "started" to build or at least had plans for there are allmost not even information of how wide the MIP is. And Ron has helped me very much. And his help made me be able to like make up an image of how wide the MIP is but then it comes to the next sted the shape of the MIP. Ando I know you guys helped me out with pictures and I dont know really how to you know like measure from "like about"...inches. I want it as exact as possible and that is not easy I am aware of that yes. And I really don't want Ron to be angry at me but I just need some time of thinking and desideing of what sim I want to make and maybe recalculate prices and so on. You may be disappointed at me but I just need some time thinking if I will return to the BAe project or go on to something easier.

/Tim

Tim, my research period lasted for YEARS!

25+ Posting Member

Timmi

I'm a novice when it comes to building a cockpit. I like so many different planes that I decided not to lock myself in to any one plane. As well I cannot afford the time or cost to build an exact replica of one type of aircraft. I see what the wonderful folks on this great webiste have built or are building and it blows me away.

So let me ask some simple questions. What are you using right now for flight simming? Do you have even a simple setup, especially something you can fly while building your dream simulator? If you don't then you might get tired of building over months/years while not flying and will then just give up on your bigger project.

My main concern is not getting the size of the windows exactly right but getting FSX to run the way I want it to run with the bits and pieces I can afford. For myself I have come to the conclusion that moderation is the key.

Just trying to help. Cheers.

25+ Posting Member

And what type did you make 737 NG?

25+ Posting Member

Yes I'm using both FSX and FS9. I got Saitek yoke waht can you say a simple home cockpit yoke throttle and radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    And what type did you make 737 NG?
    Yes, 737NG for me. My first thought, 10 years ago, was also a 757. But as a first project, it appeared too difficult.

Yes I'm using both FSX and FS9. I got Saitek yoke waht can you say a simple home cockpit yoke throttle and radio.
    When I started building 2 years ago I had to buy FS9 as I didn't even have that! I never used MSFS before sim building. So you are starting with more than I had!

Sean

25+ Posting Member

Okay but I think I will Give the BAe project a try. Maybe I just had some bigger plans than workable. But I think I will try to make a good BAe146 as possible.

Thanks/ Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast