75+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Help needed with Immersive Display Lite 2 and FSX

Hi,

I paid for Immersive Display Lite 2 and am just starting to use it. The warping and blending tools seem pretty straightforward but I'm not sure how to get the results to work properly in FSX.

My setup is 3x Optoma EX525ST projectors mounted from the ceiling, Radeon HD 6870 video card, Matrox TH2GO digital and Win 7, all projecting unto a custom made spherical 120° screen.

The attachments show my sequence of events: first I set up a rough warp and blend solution and hit save in WarpSetup2.

I have WarpLoader configured to start FSX, and it starts it up. After the default flight with the 737-800 loads, I have a single window that I stretch across the three monitors. I haven't yet enabled Immersive Display Lite 2, so it looks pretty unaligned.

I then hit Ctrl-Shift-F12 to enable the program, and the alignment gets a lot better, but now I can see the distorted borders of the window at the edge of the screen.

So I hit Alt-Enter to go to full screen but this results in the images for all three projectors being squeezed onto the output of the left projector. At this point hitting Alt-Enter again will not allow me to leave full screen mode, in fact the program is essentially frozen at this point.

What am I doing wrong? I feel like this would work if I could get the full screen to stretch across all three projectors.

Thanks in advance.

Peter
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Follow my progress at www.fly737ng.com

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: Help needed with Immersive Display Lite 2 and FSX

Have you tried adjusting the wrap with the keyboard commands?

Nice blog btw!

75+ Posting Member

Thanks for your suggestion. This turned out to be a problem with setting up the proper resolution in Matrox PowerDesk and also the proper full screen resolution in FSX. I still have some more edge-blending tweaking to do, but I am one step closer to projector nirvana. I'm impressed by how much value Immersive Display Lite 2 provides for so little money!

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Your setup looks great, what did you make your screen out of?

75+ Posting Member

I didn't make it, I bought it from Art May-Alyea at Northern Flight Sim. It's a welded steel frame with molded art board of some kind attached to it with double stick tape. Once I get the cockpit shell up I think the structure will block enough of the view that I will have enough coverage, but dealing with seams between the screen section is a little bit of a hassle. The good thing about a screen like this is that the brightness is very even because every point on the screen is more or less equidistant from the viewing point.