Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sol7 or NTHUSIM

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Sol7 or NTHUSIM

Quote Originally Posted by Kennair View Post
    And just to clarify all these warping software will work with any OpenGL or DirectX application.
    Isn't Warpalizer Direct X or Open GL, i.e. a separate product and purchase for each rather than doing the both in one product?

500+ This must be a daytime job

They have now agreed to give you both Opengl and Direct X version for the price of one

David

3. Thanks Magic Man thanked for this post

Thumbs up Re: Sol7 or NTHUSIM

Ah right, didn't know that, good move.

500+ This must be a daytime job BHawthorne's Avatar

NTHUSIM has had edge blending in since April with the latest version 3.0. And has the most complete DirectX and OpenGL compatibility of all the consumer level options out there right now. No need to get Sol7 unless you're building a commercial simpit.

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by choffmann View Post
    I can only second Nikola,
    Immersive display Lite 2 is a very user-friendly, cheap and fully functional software alternative, if you want to warp your sim outside visuals. I am completely satisfied with this product.

regards
    Chris
    i completely agree with you! I tried it out yesterday, 6 hrs setting up and i am now absolutely satisfied with product and result. So i didn“t even need the 30 days of trial. Compared to 10 mins trialfunction in other software, it is a real deal. That“s a good way to do business!
    Absolutely fair pricing and quick reply from Nikola - cockpitbuilder what do you want more?

500+ This must be a daytime job 737NUT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ngidalov View Post
    Immersive Displaly Lite2 - 39 Euro
    NTHUSIM Plus Edition - $489
    Warpalizer - 540 euro

Immersive Displaly Lite2 - From enthusiasts to enthusiast

Regards,
    Nikola
    I use Immersive Display Lite2 in my mutlti projector wrap around screen full size 737 sim and all i can say is this, sorry if it offends. You would have to be pretty stupid to spend 490 Euro + when the 39 Euro software does ALL the SAME functions and adjustments as the high end software. Sorry, had to say it.

8. Thanks twisted8 thanked for this post
    25+ Posting Member

I'm using Immersive Display Lite2.

Superb....

Regards
    Ruediger

10+ Posting Member

And now there is the most advanced and feature rich solution: Immersive Display PRO (Immersive Display for Professionals).

http://fly.elise-ng.net/index.php/immersive-display-pro

Regards,
    Nikola

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    I'm using Immersive Display Lite2.

Superb....

Regards
    Ruediger

Quote Originally Posted by 737NUT View Post
    I use Immersive Display Lite2 in my mutlti projector wrap around screen full size 737 sim and all i can say is this, sorry if it offends. You would have to be pretty stupid to spend 490 Euro + when the 39 Euro software does ALL the SAME functions and adjustments as the high end software. Sorry, had to say it.
    None of those options would exist in the consumer market if that $489 version didn't initially exist. Immersive Display's programmers were given a license of Sol7 and bit the hand that fed it. Instead of working to give input and improve Sol7/NTHUSIM, they ripped it off on the cheap. Likewise with Ivar and Warpalizer. He was an early adopter of Sol7 that went off to pimp Warpalizer and get his referral code income. It makes me sad when I see people like 737NUT trash those who took the initial risk to give home builders a chance to use what was only till then for commercial and military simulators.

I've been around since the beginning of the consumer pre-warping market. It grew directly out of this forum from member feedback. It was originally a community effort and I strive to keep it going with that same community mindset the last few years on places such as WSGF. You won't find me doing selfish things like others have. It makes me sad when I think about those that have the knowledge to grow adoption of this kind of tech are all in competition with each other and have no interest in collaboration. It most certainly didn't start out that way.

People like 737NUT totally miss the point. You wouldn't have Immersive Display Lite if not for Immersaview taking a leap of faith in 2008 with Sol7 Home Sim Edition/NTHUSIM thanks to the firm conviction of a few users on MyCockpit that there was a market for it. You cheaped out then trash talk those that you should be thanking. NTHUSIM is a direct product of the MyCockpit community and you chose not to support it.

I'm a realist when it comes to all this nonsense. I own licenses for most of these products. I'm definitely not happy at all about the divisive nature of how things have fractured though. This isn't a case of competition being healthy. The market is simply too small for that.

I stand by my statements. Where were you in 2008 around here? You made a concerted decision to compete with Immersaview and not assist them after Immersive Display Designer was introduced. Immersive Display line of products were produced to feed off of Sol7/NTHUSIM user base from the start. That is divisive and definitely not community building ethics. If you aren't a parasite, explain your ad practices on WSGF? At least you aren't as despicable as Warpalizer. They were posting referral codes on my YouTube video comments.

You'll need to do a bit of FAQ checking on your revisionist history. NTHUSIM was originally called Sol7 Home Sim Edition. It was first released to this very community in 2008. NTHUSIM website and first version was released in February of 2010 after rebranding from Sol7 Home Sim Edition. Go over to the website and look at the time stamps for messages in the forums and some of the setups pages if you don't believe me. That is long before your X-Plane claims. NTHUSIM shares a common codebase with SimVisuals and Sol7. Sol7 Professional has had edge blending in it as long as I've used it (2009) and SimVisuals got desktop pre-warping capability in September of 2010 (v2.1-b148 9/17/2010). Consumers that required the need were given them for years now and significantly before your feature releases. If a NTHUSIM user needed edge blending before 2011 Immersaview gave out Sol7 Pro to non-commercial users based on needs. If they needed desktop pre-warp they also did the same from 2010 on with SimVisuals. You know exactly who is copying who for features where Sol7, SimVisuals, Immersive Display and Warpalizer are concerned.

For a bit of fun history, here is a Mycockpit article from 2008: http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...highlight=sol7
    Here is the thread that started it all: http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...highlight=sol7
    Read that thread front to back and get back with me about context. Pay particular attention to post #48. Are you still going to call me a crying loser after reading that post?

I own both your products and Immersaview's. I've been around here since the beginning. Spin it however you like, but your products would not exist right now without Immersaview's initial entry into the market in 2004 and a few people on Mycockpit who convinced them to make a new product line for consumers in late 2007.

Frankly, you calling me a loser is confusing. Seriously? I own your products. I own Immersaview's products. I'm an end user of both. You'll even find your pre-warping software is being used on screens I built and installed at Aviation Xtreme in Denver, Co. If anyone has a right to comment on products I have the background to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast