Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Can not zoom out in virtual cockpit?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Carvalho View Post
    Just use the minus key.
    I can zoom out up to 30%, but I was hoping that there is away to zoom out to 20 or 10%.

10+ Posting Member

Using the ATI 5870 with 3 monitors and bezel compensation is good in window mode, but can not align properly in full screen in FSX. Anyone else have this problem?

150+ Forum Groupie

In FS9 you could zoom out slightly more than was permitted by the minus key by inserting the desired figure in the zoom box in the view menu - but only down to about 0.28 if I remember correctly. I never heard of any possibility of more zoom than that, and I'm not sure I would want it because view towards the edges of the screen look increasingly distorted.

--
    Bryn

150+ Forum Groupie

There is a way to get extreme zoomed-out views, but this is accompanied by extreme distortion as well.

First, find fsx.cfg and make sure you've set WideViewAspect=True. It's easy enough to find instructions to turn that on.
    Once WideViewAspect is set to true, fsx clamps the shorter window dimension. As this is now most likely the window height, a wider window will give you a more extreme effective zoom.

Next, set your primary view to 2-d cockpit. Yes, 2-d cockpit. It'll make sense in a minute.
    Shrink the panel and outside windows down small, and set the zoom HIGH to reduce the geometry load on your processor.

Finally, open a NEW window and set it to virtual cockpit. Expand this window horizontally to fill the whole screen, but adjust it vertically to fill only a part of the screen. Since the 30% zoom clamps the vertical FOV and you now have a very wide-aspect window, you will have a wider horizontal FOV than would otherwise be available. Shrink the vertical dimension to a point where the distortion is not intolerable, and you're done.

You will never be able to get 180°FOV like this, however, and the distortion (IMHO) is intolerable. My personal preference is to use several narrower vertically-striped windows, each showing a smaller portion of my desired FOV.

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...ool?highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Stevsky View Post
    I just started using ATI 5870. Only problem I have with a 3 monitor setup is in full screen. In full screen I get a clone of the virtual cockpit on each monitor. The only way I can use it is to alt-enter out of full screen and then stretch that across all three monitors, then I end up with the tool bar at the bottom and the menu tabs at the top. Does anyone have a work around for this in order to use the full screen across all 3 monitors. I do have them grouped 3X1 and using Win 7 64 bit. Also is there a way to zoom below the 30% limit to get a better view of the cockpit along with the outside?
    same problem !! did you fix it ?? if so how ?? loll still cant correct it..alwas at 30%

thanks

steve

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bourgeois View Post
    same problem !! did you fix it ?? if so how ?? loll still cant correct it..alwas at 30%

thanks

steve
    I did correct it. change your graphics resolution within FSX to the same that you are using with the ATI card. It is a very high number.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12