Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Symulatory Radios

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum, and firstly there seems to be a wealth of information here - thanks to all.

I'm hoping somebody can help me with some equipment I have issues with. I'm completing a simulator at present - its running FDS software and FS2004. I bought some secondhand equipment which consisted of a pedestal, and am trying to get it operational.

The pedestal comprises a number of Symulatory Poldragonet interfaces/radio boards. However I can find no information on the radios - whch seem to be display boards with PIC 16F84 chips on board. These are all daisy-chained and connected to a usb/serial board - also from symulatory.
    I'm using FSBUS 2.2 to run the equipment - as advised by previous owner - and all the nav/comm etc frequencies are all working fine now (after changing the CID in FSBUS) - but I cannot use the rotaries or switches on the Symularory boards. These do not respond to any poll in FSBUS nor are they picked up in FSBUS by the switch test app.

Has anybdy come across the same problem with these boards, and does anybody have the PIC code/schematics or any other info.
    Ive tried contacting the manufactueres by email on many occasions but have gotten no reply. Having some experience in electronics, it looks like the display portion of the PIC is fine, but not the switch/rotary input - and this is now what i'm trying to fix.

I have allready gottens some information from Ian on 737ng.co.uk, and he was most helpful in replying to previous emails looking for general information, and I'm hoping somebody here has some additional files/info on these radios.

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Gerard

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Symulatory Radios

Hi Gerard,

I will PM you with the info I have on these, I have the schematic for how all the units should connect together and also some instructions I received for testing and getting them working. Think most issues end up being due to the setting of CID's etc.
    Did you download fsbus from this site? In the folder there is also a guide in the folder for testing etc.

Cheers
    Mike