Thread: Monitor Setup

150+ Forum Groupie Atomic_Sheep's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Monitor Setup

Hi guys, I've been pondering my monitor setup for my A320 simulator. I've had a look at a few A320 builders' pages and was only able to find mention of the actual monitors used 1ce although I might have missed other ones. Unfortunately, those monitors aren't on sale any more and I need suggestions as to what I can use.

Ideally, I want close to perfect sized monitors for each individual screen but I know that's not going to happen. I had a look at small LCDs for sale and they are all ludicrously expensive. I've checked out ebay for various odd monitor sizes and have found some that might do the job but at the end of the day it's no guaranteed and the hard part will be to find 6 identical monitors + 1 or 2 spares for the future. So I think for the FO and the CPT side I'll most likely just go with 19" of some sort but certainly, if anyone has better ideas, then I'm all ears.

The real question is for the centre MIP because I plan to make analog guages for it, so there's no way that any single monitor like a 19" woould do here as they would just be too tall. For these ones, I'm prepared to pay a little bit more, but not $500 each! All up I want to spend less than this to get all my monitors... ideally! I think 2 12.1" might be a possibility but that will probably depend on the size of the bezel because the distance between the two vertically is... tight... i haven't calculated it for my panel yet, but I imagine it would be in the order of 3cm or something like that. So really, I'm looking for a super wide screen 12.1" but I don't know if they exist.

All suggestions are much appreciated!

727 & DC3 Cockpit Builder skyline223's Avatar

Re: Monitor Setup

I found some of these Dell 18.5" monitors on sale at my local computer store for $99. We found the bezels were very easy to remove from these monitors and they look great behind the panel.... and a pretty nice price point.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-E1910H-wi.../dp/B002JNR3KG

150+ Forum Groupie Atomic_Sheep's Avatar

Re: Monitor Setup

Thanks, I will look into those monitors for sure although where I'm situated, the price pops out to be 150 dollars per pop just FYI .