Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FSBUS HELP

Have CNC-----will build.
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

FSBUS HELP

I have built all of the cards for the FSBUS system and they are all functional. I am 60 years old and am lost when trying to make them do anything. I am building a Bell 206 and it will not require too much. But I can not get my head wrapped around how to program the cards to do what I need. Is there a proper tutorial out there? I made a mistake of getting rid of my original FSBUS boards, they were simple to use. I am not a programmer. If anyone knows of a system I can purchase that is easy to use, I would be apprecative. My cards work, but I guess I am too 'stupid' to make them do what I need for them to do. I have gone through almost all of the FSBUS section on the forums and can still not get it.

Milt

300+ Forum Addict

Re: FSBUS HELP

Hello Milt,

do you use the NG boards from FSBus?
    Your Bell 206 is that an Addon or the default Aircraft?

Sorry first i need that Informations, than i can see how i can help you.

Stefan

Hey Milt,

Stefan is definately the man to help.

Also, have a good read through this thread http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...with-FSBus-dll

It's a good chronical of my journey into learning how to program FSBus C++. Now that I get, it works great, but I would never have got it without Stefan's and many other's help.

I now have a fully functional cockpit with all hand built gauges. The only thing that is a problem is the stepper motor part, but we're working on that one.

Good luck and ask lots of questions.

David

Have CNC-----will build.

First, my FSBUS is the NG unit, as stated in my original post, I threw away the original cards and then decided to give it a go again and ended up building the new boards. The heli I am using is probably going to be the 'Dodo'. I will start with the included one with the fs program first. I am running both FS9 and FSX. I have fsuipc for the FS9 but have not gotten it for the FSX yet.

Also, Robid, is it possible to get some pictures of the construction of the gauges you are using. I am really interested in building my own gauges using servos. I have added the forum section to my favorites and will begin reading it.

Milt

300+ Forum Addict

Hi Milt,

NG Boards is ok, now you have the choise between the CDK or the FSBus DLL for Visual C++.
    Both need some training of programming, the big advantage of the DLL is, the Programming language is C++. There are thousends of forums, tutorials and so on in the Internet. For everybody, which has small C/C++ skills it is easy to write programs for FSBUS.
    The CDK is a FSBUS CDK only language, everbody needs time to handle that.

Which FSBus NG boards do you have?
    Would you like to write you programm by your self with the support of me and David or the finished code?

Stefan

Have CNC-----will build.

I have built all of the cards and they all test out ok. I also have some of the 7 segment boards built. It is not my intention to have someone do the work for me, but rather be a mentor in the learning process. As stated, I am 60 years young and have never done any type of programming. But I am willing to give it a try. If I read the FSBUSDLL manual will this help? It all looked like greek to me. I will give it another try. Just bear with me if I am asking stupid questions.

Milt

300+ Forum Addict

Ok sounds good.
    Read the manual that is a good idea. Also please install the Visual C++ Express Version (freeware).
    http://www.microsoft.com/germany/exp...d/default.aspx
    Additional please download the FSUIPC SDK and "play" with FSInterrogate2std, that is one of the important Tool´s.
    On sunday, i will create the ground project for you, that contains the whole strucktur, than you have to add all the funktions for every switch, LED, Servo,...... and so on.
    Additional i will write a tutorial where is descriptive how looks a function for a switch, a LED, Displays, read and write to fsuipc.
    The thread that David refer is also a good source of know how.

We make a good solution for your project, but it will take some time and there will be moments they are frustrating.

Stefan

Stefan,

You are indeed a very generous person with your willingness to help people like Milt and myself along the way.

You have never gotten annoyed at silly questions. Always patient. My Cockpit needs to acknowledge your contribution.

Milt,

I have pictures through the forum I sent you on different stages of of my cockpit building, gauges and actual cockpit construction (oh, there is also lots of code examples that Stefan and I have developed, in fact throughout the thread, almost my whole code is in there). I also have some pictures in the photo gallery.

I agree with Stefan about learning the C++ dll version and not the cdk. There are lots of forums on C++ programming, it is a standard language. CDK as Stefan said is it's own language and not many people can provide input to help you out.

Stefan has made an amazingly generous offer to do up a blank project for you. This will give you the basic structure of C++ code. From there, start simple ie: learning how to program the landing light switch, and that will give you an idea of how C++ works. Once you have coded something in, you have to compile it into an executable program. This allows you to find bugs or mistakes in how you have written the code. Then the problems solving fun begins.
    It is a long interesting journey, but highly rewarding. I wouldn't say my programming skills are high, but I know I can now program basic stuff by myself without having to seek help, but it is great to know the help is there when I need it.

David

500+ This must be a daytime job

Hi David and Stefan,
    I would also like to thanks Stefan for the contribution to those embarking on Fsbus trip. The willingness of Stefan to help the likes of David in his journey has been exceptional. Fsbus needs someone to take the lead and provide some sort of Tutorial to basically lead people with a template to start off. With Stefans last post to Milt, sounds a fantastic start.
    Milt i to are 60 plus and find programming difficult, unfortunately when i started on the Fsbus trip(1st gen then NG) there was no help, Dirks support was very sparse which lead to my frustration and abandoning Fsbus in favour of O/C. I still have a complete Fsbus NG setup ad was sad to see it go.
    Sorry for the long post but when i started reading Davids Loooooong posts and the Support Sefan was giving i just had to add my support.
    Stefan please keep up the support for Fsbus and maybe it will get to grow like O/C. You have inspired me to pull my one out again and even though
    i wont be using it i would like to master it. With your template maybe Milt and i can learn at the same time(why do we have to age).

Regards
    Les

Have CNC-----will build.

We hae to age so that we can begin our journey into the next big adventure. I am looking forward to seeing what Stefan has in store. Here is hoping many can benefit from this

Milt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast