Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Poldragonet overhead questions

Hi people,
    I was wondering about the whole overhead Poldragonet shown on the website.
    I got my first opencockpits panels the last week but I think that buying months buy months it will cost to me quite a lot due the high fees of VAT and shipping fees.
    I should be considering the electronic either cause everyones knows that all the swithces and components are taken from different brands and will cost even more for different shipping.
    I read on this forum that poldragonet overhead case is fully backlightable and even with a very good quality.
    That's I was wondering to buy all the overhead stand alone that will cost to me less money, less time to wait and especially possibility to choose my electronic components then.
    For example I would love to interface this overhead with the simparts.de switches that seems very realistic ones.
    Does anyone have any suggestions about it?
    Does anyone think tha is such a good deal?
    Any help for a wannabies will be very much appreciated!
    Cheers

25+ Posting Member

Re: Poldragonet overhead questions

hi... not sure if this will help you or not, but I just bought the pol oerhead... quality is not bad compared to my opencockpits panels.. but I find the backlighting legends (txt) more clear on the opencockpit panels when backlit than the poldragonet panel.. The led's most of them have to be glued on if not they will fall off.. A few holes for the swtches here small, so had to make them a bit bigger. as ofr the electronics, not bad for the price. I am going to replace some of the switches as they seem a tad bit small. but for now they will do just fine..
    I'm just wiring up my overhead at the moment.. finished soldering the switches and hooked them all up to my OC cards.. just finished soldering all the led's with resistor, now just a matter of connecting them to the OC output cards and tying up all the wires for neatness..

I havn't backlit the panel yet as I would proberly do that last when the overhead is working completly.. So, I can't comment on the backlit at the moment.. I did temp, put some bright white led's to see the backlight but wasn't impressed that much.. Maybe I didn't do it properly thats why they wren't that visible.. Will work on that later... I do have the TQ from poldragonet, and that backlighting seems to be great. can read every legend...

75+ Posting Member

Re: Poldragonet overhead questions

I have a POL overhead. I backlighted by using led XMAS tree lights. To enhance I made a backboard tehn used aluminum foil to reflect the led lights forward. Worked fine. I'm very happy with their products. My M.I.P. and glarreshield are also from Pol. Regards Dave