Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OC EFIS Problem

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

OC EFIS Problem

Hi Nico, and thank you for making, what appears to be great software for the Level 767 Add-on.

I have one small problem though....

I've found great difficulty installing and using the equipment since receiving the OpenCockpits EFIS and FMC modules. This has now led me to the Level D software and Lekseecon packages.

I have to also admit, I have no real knowledge of programming, so I can guarantee it's my fault none of it is working

Anyway, the Lekseecon software seems to have installed correctly, although it is not picking up any of the plugged in OC modules (EFIS, FMC). I see that you have a section in the Manual if this happens, though I don't really understand what it means.

Could you please provide assistance with this?

Is there a way I can just manually copy files that you can send into this SIOC program to make it work, without programming any codes etc?

Your help would be massively appreciated as I have been trying everything without success (Here I thought it was effectively Plug & Play. Wasn't I wrong )

Thanks in advance.

Troy

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim kiek's Avatar

Re: OC EFIS Problem

Hi Troy,

Did you follow these guidelines: http://www.lekseecon.nl/modules.html?

Note that my software only makes the 69 keys of the FMC work, not the screen ...

Try to start with the EFIS only (so only plug in this module).

Post the sioc.ini that was generated by ocm_configurator.exe (in the SIOC folder),
    and post the lekseecon_log.txt file of a flight sim session (in your MyDocuments folder)

regards,
    Nico

Hi Nico,

Thanks for your speedy response.

I have run the ocm_config program, though it stops when not being able to pickup any of the OC modules.

I'm sure it is something stupid I am doing my end, though I can't seem to make it work.

EFIS_Test from OC sees the EFIS module and the movements of any of the knobs and switches.

Thanks again,

Troy

Hi,
    Please post the sioc.ini that was generated by ocm_configurator.
    Run sioc.exe with EFIS plugged in, check the SIOC Main Window and write down the device number given to the EFIS module (right upper subwindow)
    Then i'll update the sioc.ini for you manually.
    rgrds,
    Nico

Nico,

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

OK, so here's the latest with my Cockpit.

I have re-installed FSX in the C: Root Directory which has helped in running Level D 767 on my new computer. I have also re-installed Lekseecon and followed the instructions for the EFIS and FMC Opencockpit modules. Everything seems to be working fine.

Now, here's my problem...

To run the Opencockpits FMC, I have used the spare VGA Output on my Notebook to provide the video component of the FMC module. This then allows my actual Notebook monitor to display the Overhead component of the aircraft.

I have another spare Notebook which I was hoping to run the outside 'Virtual Cockpit' and have the other computer run the EFIS, FMC and other systems of the 767. Is there a way I can do this successfully?

It seems whenever I use the 'Multi-Player' mode in FSX and load the 767, the EFIS and FMC stops working on the connected Notebook. I have tried to research another way of doing this using two computers (and I see there is a few ways), though nothing really makes mention of how I can do it with the Lekseecon software.

Strange thing is, when I reload Lekseecon and SIOC, whilst FSX is running on the machine, the two modules work. As soon as I take the Pause Off, the modules stop. Crazy stuff

This is my current setup:

Computer #1 (Apple MacBook Pro 2.8Ghz 4Gb RAM) - Running Win 7 Pro
    - Ch Flight Yoke
    - CH Flight Pedals
    - Various GoFlight modules
    - OpenCockpits EFIS
    - OpenCockpits FMC
    - FSUIPC
    - Level D 767

Computer #2 (Toshiba Satellite 2.4Ghz 2Gb RAM) - Running Vista Ultimate
    - FSX
    - FSUIPC
    - Level D 767

Both are networked wirelessly using a Apple Time Capsule.

Is there any additional software that will help my cause?

So, do you know of any forums that give clear instructions how to set this up?

I'm not even really sure how to connect the computers together so both can see the same inputs from the various add-on controls (GoFlight, OpenCockpit modules).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Troy

Hi Troy,

I have no experience with multi-player mode, sorry.
    Your setup is much too complicated, imho.
    You better run everything at one computer.

kind regards,
    Nico

Hi Nico, I seem to have the same problem as Troy. I have the com1, ATC and 747 Efis modules plugged into a powered usb hub which is then connected to my computer. Plugged them in and the 2 radio modules lit up nicely....efis needs external power i think. I downloaded and ran the sioc latest software. I downloaded and ran your latest leeksecon software. Does the sioc software need to be running? When i click on the ocm configurator it says it can't find them. So I follow the instructions from your manual. Still nothing. So I run sioc then click on ocm configurator and it says it can't write to the sioc.ini because there is no permission. So following your manual again i tried to give the permission to the ini file. One problem now, I can't find the ini file in sioc anywhere? I look in the IOCards/sioc file and can't seem to find it. Is it simply called sioc.ini with a text icon? Is it possible that it never wrote one into the sioc folder? Onther thing everytime I click on Sioc now it comes up with a small error before the sioc screen.

Any ideas mate?
    Thanks
    Drewsta

Quote Originally Posted by Drewsta View Post
    Hi Nico, I seem to have the same problem as Troy. I have the com1, ATC and 747 Efis modules plugged into a powered usb hub which is then connected to my computer. Plugged them in and the 2 radio modules lit up nicely....efis needs external power i think. I downloaded and ran the sioc latest software. I downloaded and ran your latest leeksecon software. Does the sioc software need to be running? When i click on the ocm configurator it says it can't find them. So I follow the instructions from your manual. Still nothing. So I run sioc then click on ocm configurator and it says it can't write to the sioc.ini because there is no permission. So following your manual again i tried to give the permission to the ini file. One problem now, I can't find the ini file in sioc anywhere? I look in the IOCards/sioc file and can't seem to find it. Is it simply called sioc.ini with a text icon? Is it possible that it never wrote one into the sioc folder? Onther thing everytime I click on Sioc now it comes up with a small error before the sioc screen.

Any ideas mate?
    Thanks
    Drewsta
    Hi Nico, an update on my situation. I found I already had a sioc program running in the tray while trying to open another, thats why i was getting that error. So now I run and load a Fs2004 leveld767 flight, then I run Sioc. In the top right hand window it has found all 3 devices and given them numbers. I then run leeksecon and look at the modules. The radios don't do anything or show numbers in the little windows and I found that only the Baro knob on the efis is working, which changes the QNH on the altimeter. Nothing else seems to work. What steps should I take next, because its obviously found the modules, perhaps just something small I need to change.

Thanks
    Drewsta

please post your sioc.ini and your lekseecon_log.txt

Quote Originally Posted by kiek View Post
    please post your sioc.ini and your lekseecon_log.txt
    Hi Nico, I would, the problem is I can't seem to find where that is? What should it look like and what would it be called? I have looked in C:/IOCards/SIOC and tried to find something called Sioc.ini but can't seem to find one. There are alot of config files in there just none that say .ini

any suggestions?
    thanks
    Drew

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast