500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I will try FSX too...

Hi,

At first I thought that my dual core, 4 GBs of RAM and 1 GB of video card is too low for a descent FSX setup, but then again what do I have to lose ?

So I thought I should buy an FSX CD and a FSUIPC 4 together with Flight Sim Labs driver for FSX to use my CPflight MCP, and OpenCockpits driver for FSX...

If the experiment doesn't work, I can always uninstall and wait for my Xmas PC upgrade present

Since newbie in this can I make the following questions ?

1. Which is the most up to date version of FSX ? Is it Gold edition ? In Greece it costs 35 euro. If another can you please tell me which is ?
    2. Installing FSUIPC 4 in a PC which already has a registered version of FSUIPC version for FS2004 will create any conflicts ?
    3. Will the same exist for Flightsimlabs and Opencockpits driver ?
    4. Generally do you think my experiment will work or should I stop before I start ?

Thanks

Nick

PS. I will do an updrade during Xmas one way or another but I said to give it a try

Re: I will try FSX too...

Hi Nick,

The "Standard" edition has a limited variety of aircraft and does not include the SDK
    If you have the "Gold" or "Acceleration" edition it already has the "patches" installed.
    The Acceleration version has some extra missions and some additional aircraft.

I have reg fsuipc for fs9 and fsx on same pc with no probs.

I also have fslab driver but only use it on pmdg fs9.

I run my cockpit with fs9 and pmdg ifr flying,fsx is on seperate hard drive loaded with photographic scenery
    for vfr flying and this runs well.

For me i will not move fully to fsx until the ngx arrives.and i get an i7 over 3ghz

regards

steve

Hey Steve,

You did hit directly to the point here.

So FSUIPC4 together with FSUIPC3 creates no conflicts, That's good, but why do you fly with your cockpit with FS9 and not FSX ? I suppose there are drivers for FSX, and to be honest one of the most important advantages of FSX is the existance of drivers via fslabs of the engravity CDU. Is there any reason not to run your cockpit via FSX too ?

ANother question arises too... What is the difference between FSX Gold and FSX acceleration version ?

And the last one... What about the stock FS Boeing 737 aircraft ? Is it cockpit-able ? Does it have a big difference with the PMDG 737 for FS9 ?

Sorry for the tons of questions, but I am thinking of purchasing tommorow morning an FSX version, and installing in the afternoon together with FSUIPC+FSlabs+OC+CPflight drivers

Hi Nick,

Why dont i fly fsx with my cockpit,
    1. Cost of Project magenta but to be honest i have tried most of the demo softwares and just
    cant seem to get my head round the pages of manuals, i couldnt even get pm to work and got no support from pm,so no way im going to lump all that cash into them when they cant answer one email.
    2.I dont believe my current proccesor quad 2.6ghz is man enough to cope.
    3.Fs9,pmdg,cp flight,fslabs all run sweet so if it aint broke dont try and fix it.
    4.When pmdg ngx arrives im sure this will be easier to configure on fsx for me so maybe then.

Gold Edition combines the Deluxe Edition and the Acceleration expansion pack into one.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microso...:_Acceleration

I did try once to just edit panelcfg for stock boeing as i have for fs9 pmdg and it did work but no comparisism to the pmdg in my opinion, you will need someone like project magenta at the moment to fully utilise fsx but im far from an expert here.

Good luck Captain

steve

5. Thanks Nick1150 thanked for this post

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply my friend.

So I did purchase FSX Gold edition this morning. What can I say ? A PC super store is just one block away from my business office !!! 35 euro deposited. Just a while back FSX = acceleration pack was installed together with FSUIPC4. Everything worked a treat including CPflight, Cockpitsonic and Opencockpits drivers.... So the damn thing is working and all lights of my cockpit switched on like Xmas tree !!! All ofcourse with the stock FS 737-800 which is a trash, but it works. I can see that there is a certain lag compairing with FS2004, but it seems that my little humble and honest PC is doing the job, at least for the first experiments when NGX comes.

The experiment worked, all drivers did not fail to load and I feel that I succeded with just 35 euro, and I am now ready for NGX arrival...

Thanks to all

Nick

Excellent News,
    Enjoy fsx.
    I should have my pit all lit up in the next few weeks too,just in time for xmas.
    Regards

Steve