Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: 737 or Avro Rj(Bae146) Project?

Hello Ron,

Your links was really helpful actually. Especially the Rj 85 cockpit poster. So now I will make up a plan of where to start. I will try to start with building a shell and for that I will need measurements for angles of glareshields, windows and so on. Maybe I could get in touch with Bae systems and maybe if I am lucky they can help me out with some measures and so. But the poster will be very helpfull I hope as it is in 1:1 scale like the "real deal" cockpit. I have allso tried to get in touch with routech about the yokes but still no sucess. I will not start building anything before I have made up a plan and got measurements as it would be stupid to start without it. So I will keep you all updated on the forum of my progress you all have helped allot allready and I hope I will be able to start my progress as soon as possible.

Thanks again Ron and hope I will intreduce a finished Avro rj cockpit project in the end.

Greets, Tim

500+ This must be a daytime job Ronson2k9's Avatar

The posters are 1:1 btw... from what I've read.

This is also this site for BAE146 cockpit posters although they are about 1/2 scale.
    http://www.t-b-x.com/prather/777proj...ct/posters.htm

BAE/Avro RJ Brochures

Based on that the interior space (width) is 11'-2"
    Up Up and away in my beautiful my beautiful - Amphibian

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ronson2k9 View Post
    The posters are 1:1 btw... from what I've read.

This is also this site for BAE146 cockpit posters although they are about 1/2 scale.
    http://www.t-b-x.com/prather/777proj...ct/posters.htm

http://s782.photobucket.com/albums/yy108/timcoolfsx/?action=view&current=3V-B17-BAE-146.jpg"]http://s782.photobucket.com/albums/yy108/timcoolfsx/?action=view&current=3V-B17-BAE-146.jpg

Based on that the interior space (width) is 11'-2"
    Okay how much is "11'-2". Im thinking of using a 6mm MDF for the main panel so it won't be metal unless I can find something cheap.

[URL="http://s782.photobucket.com/albums/yy108/timcoolfsx/?action=view&current=3V-B17-BAE-146.jpg[/URL]

Blue: Height
    Green: Width
    Red: Angle of the windshear and front

any ideas of the measures of these three colours?

If you take a look at the brochure you will find the interior dimensions (of the cabin). Although it's not the flight deck you will be able to extrapolate to a degree.

Based on the Brochure (of the cabin mind you).

Interior Diameter = 3.42m
    Interior Floor = 3.24m
    Interior Headroom = 2.07m

As you enter the aircraft that is what you would face. The flight deck is slightly less then that. I'm working on a Drawing for you that should give you the flight deck information you would need. It won't include the instrument panel or pedestal/overhead but should give you shell info. For the actual panel info I would look to the 1:1 posters of the panels. Also note the above info is interior not exterior. There is a bit of space around that for ribs/frame of the fuselage.

From photographs of the flight deck there is quite a bit of room to the exterior from the seats in the cockpit. It also looks like the 'isle' space is continued into the flight deck from the cabin. That is there is the same separation as in the cabin then the pedestal is in the middle of that.

Drawing coming shortly

Cheers
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    Okay how much is "11'-2".
    1 inch. = 25,4 mm
    1 foot = 12 inch. = 304,8 mm

So 11'-2" = about 3403.6 mm (3,40 mtrs).

You'll find conversion tables on the ineternet.

JWS

25+ Posting Member

If you take a look at the brochure you will find the interior dimensions (of the cabin). Although it's not the flight deck you will be able to extrapolate to a degree.

Based on the Brochure (of the cabin mind you).

Interior Diameter = 3.42m
    Interior Floor = 3.24m
    Interior Headroom = 2.07m

As you enter the aircraft that is what you would face. The flight deck is slightly less then that. I'm working on a Drawing for you that should give you the flight deck information you would need. It won't include the instrument panel or pedestal/overhead but should give you shell info. For the actual panel info I would look to the 1:1 posters of the panels. Also note the above info is interior not exterior. There is a bit of space around that for ribs/frame of the fuselage.

From photographs of the flight deck there is quite a bit of room to the exterior from the seats in the cockpit. It also looks like the 'isle' space is continued into the flight deck from the cabin. That is there is the same separation as in the cabin then the pedestal is in the middle of that.

Drawing coming shortly

Cheers
    Ron
    Thank you very much Ron You are really helping me out here very appreciated. Bought a 6mm MDF that is 4 meters wide and 2.5 meters high today that I can use as panel will allso try to order the cockpit poster today just have to find the best one. I really like forward to the drawing you are making for me hope it will be helpful Don't have much time to write now but I will get back later. Thanks again Ron and I really appreciate that you are helping me out.

Cheers and thanks/ Tim

This s a partial exterior and partial interior of the RJ

I can't take credit for the whole drawing though it's part template (airliners.net) and part brochure from BAE. The upper drawing (top view) though is mine.

I'm working on a longitudinal cross section and flight deck floor plan.

Cheers
    Ron

25+ Posting Member

This s a partial exterior and partial interior of the RJ

I can't take credit for the whole drawing though it's part template (airliners.net) and part brochure from BAE. The upper drawing (top view) though is mine.

I'm working on a longitudinal cross section and flight deck floor plan.

Cheers
    Ron
    Ahh wonderful Ron Looks really good this will be very helpful already. Do you have a scale of these two picturtes that I can work with to didn't understand what a pixel is like 1cm on the drawing=....cm in real, sorry ? Because that would allso be great Thanks and I will see you soon again/ Tim

Yep it's 1 pixel for 2.5 inches or 2 pixels for 5 inches. Or as on the drawing it's 1 pixel for 62.5mm. There as you may have seen in photos of the cockpit two pods to the side of the seats for storage (manuals/charts) the brown parts in the top view. The seats are a bit wide too so that's a good thing. The seats are right beside them in the inside. The windows in the top view are a transfer from the bottom so they are as correct as the bottom one.

If you take a look at the manual from the BAE Panel Project site. You will find many items that are a crossover from other aircraft. That you can then build a new manual from based on. Especially the avionics. There are a few things that are unique to the RJ (that's where the Panel Project site comes in handy) that you will need to find but there are many that are standard and there you have docs. panels, drawings, etc that can be gleaned from other aircraft types.

If you take a look at Smart Cockpit. You will find many manuals from other aircraft. Unfortunately even though the BAE 146/RJ is listed it's currently not available. Sadly as it's a bit of gas guzzler it's coming out service pretty quickly these days as airlines look to save on fuel costs. Cargo though is much more profitable then passengers so it can absorb that cost plus it's STOL ability extends its range and usefulness. It can go to many of the shorter fields that the larger birds can't land at.

That's one of the most appealing aspects of the BAE for me. It's that you can fly cargo for TNT one day and passengers the next. So it never is the same. Through in the variable weather of Europe and you have a great mix of flying.

When you get the posters that will be the bomb. You will have everything you'll need except the building of course to build one.

It's not as wide up front as it is in the cabin. Then there is the moldings around the seating area of the cockpit. Luckily there are a ton of cockpit photos online. It doesn't quite make up for drawings but you can get a ton of details that drawings would never give you.

Cheers
    Ron

25+ Posting Member

Yep it's 1 pixel for 2.5 inches or 2 pixels for 5 inches. Or as on the drawing it's 1 pixel for 62.5mm. There as you may have seen in photos of the cockpit two pods to the side of the seats for storage (manuals/charts) the brown parts in the top view. The seats are a bit wide too so that's a good thing. The seats are right beside them in the inside. The windows in the top view are a transfer from the bottom so they are as correct as the bottom one.

If you take a look at the manual from the BAE Panel Project site. You will find many items that are a crossover from other aircraft. That you can then build a new manual from based on. Especially the avionics. There are a few things that are unique to the RJ (that's where the Panel Project site comes in handy) that you will need to find but there are many that are standard and there you have docs. panels, drawings, etc that can be gleaned from other aircraft types.

If you take a look at Smart Cockpit. You will find many manuals from other aircraft. Unfortunately even though the BAE 146/RJ is listed it's currently not available. Sadly as it's a bit of gas guzzler it's coming out service pretty quickly these days as airlines look to save on fuel costs. Cargo though is much more profitable then passengers so it can absorb that cost plus it's STOL ability extends its range and usefulness. It can go to many of the shorter fields that the larger birds can't land at.

That's one of the most appealing aspects of the BAE for me. It's that you can fly cargo for TNT one day and passengers the next. So it never is the same. Through in the variable weather of Europe and you have a great mix of flying.

When you get the posters that will be the bomb. You will have everything you'll need except the building of course to build one.

It's not as wide up front as it is in the cabin. Then there is the moldings around the seating area of the cockpit. Luckily there are a ton of cockpit photos online. It doesn't quite make up for drawings but you can get a ton of details that drawings would never give you.

Cheers
    Ron
    Wooo Ron that's quite much stuff to work with very helpful but what is a Pixel?Found the measures of the PFD (Primary flight display) and nav display in the avro rj, they are 5x6 inches but I dony know if that is with the Frame around the display or without it. Okay I'm not in for the manual thing right now, I'm more for make up a drawing and measures that I can work with when I finally will start building the cockpit. So the manual thing I will wait with but thanks Ron will be useful later I actually have a neighbour that is a pilot and work for a swedish company "Malmö Aviation" that operates 7 Avro RJ 100 and 2 Avro RJ 85's so maybe I can ask him if I can go for a ride when he work and make some measures then But I will buy a Cockpit poster but don't know wich one cause dont know what scale it is in. So there are allot things to measure so that's the BIG question where to get them will try to get in touch with BAE systems if the can help me with that to. Have looked around on the forum if I can find some gauges that are used in the Avro and the 737 has most of the gauges that the Avro has so maybe I can find a Altimeter and that kind of things. Thank you very much Ron and I'll come back later

Thanks/ Tim

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast