10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Project Magenta 737 Overhead question really important to me as i need help ..

Hello every one,
    now i started to cut out my panels for overhead after 3 weeks of working in adobe illustrator i made a very nice vector panels . the first test was 50% white opal ..
    CIMG1308.jpg
    so the problem was that the text was not that clear in dark but in back light was nice ..
    CIMG1310.jpg
    2nd try was with white opal as the text was clear without back lighting and nice looking glow in back lighting .. but the paint need to be checked .. this is easy part ..
    CIMG1312.jpg

CIMG1313.jpg
    now
    after i do all the panels and frames my attention to get the complete electronic kit for over head from open cockpits and give it to a good electronic shop to fix it ..
    my question do i need to give the guy in the electronic shop a map or a guide how to do it ..where can i find something like this .. and after is this all connected to IO cards from open cockpits too or what .. this is my concern now ..
    thanx for your concern ..

10+ Posting Member

Re: 737 Overhead question really important to me as i need help ..

any one ??

I have to say I'm a little surprised that you won't tackle the electronics yourself. Looking at your panels, which I assume you CNC'ed yourself, you look to be handy enough to handle some simple electronics.

It's really not that hard. Of course, I'm also assuming that you will be paying the electronic shop to do the work.

Which kit are you referring to? the "Kit OVERHEAD -FWD- components"? If so, your electronics guy will definitely need some kind of guidance. the problem is not in the electronics itself, but in what goes where.... He likely will have no idea what annunuciator goes where, what switches go where, where to put a ON-OFF-ON, where to make it an ON-OFF... not to mention that while he may be an electronics wizard, he has nothing to base how he wires the IO for whatever card you choose to use.

You are better off sinking $30-40 into a good soldering iron, and do it yourself. Even then, you will spend a lot of time researching to put the right switch in the right place.

You have come to the right place though. You can find all the info you need right here. It is a long process though. That's part of the fun. Otherwise, we'd all just save up for a couple of years and send a huge check to a company to ship us the ready made product.

Hope I understood you correctly, and helped. If not, feel free to ask away.

Welcome to our "nightmare"

Warren

Oh yes.... forgot... those panels look great! Nice job. Here's what I did:

I ordered a couple of the harder panels from several different sources to get 1) a look at different qualities, 2) a look at how the parts went together, and 3) how the wiring and such was put together.

I then took the quantities from Opencockpits for each of the parts (switches and such) as well as the part numbers, and ordered everything from digi-key. The panels I didn't have, I made with my CNC.

I decided on an IO (SIOC) and bought the cards I need.

Now I'm slowly putting it all together.

The next step is.... SOFTWARE (Ouch). I'm loving prosim.
    Last edited by fsaviator; 10-07-2010 at 10:27 PM. Reason: more...

10+ Posting Member

that was a lot of help thank you so much ..
    as i don't have any idea about the electronics and how even to weild it .. as i remeber when i was doing my track IR i just finish the complete wire metal for welding in just 2 wiers but @ the end i did it .. (i was learning) so till now i didn't got it how to wield with this small iron machin .
    and yes i'll get the kit for (Kit OVERHEAD -FWD- components) and i'll guid him for sure where to put wich . maybe i'll go in a small corse to know how to weild and do it by my self it's much more fun .. i agree with you )
    i'm an interior designer and i'm working in a **** of software that kind of design for panels and the conection and that deffrint kind of panels it's a pice of cake for me this is the easiest part i have ..
    i'll gona check it but if u have any kind of plans for wiring and where it go i'll be highly appreciated..

thanx again so much for youe helpfull replay