10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mycockpit.org Where to find real beginners-info for SIOC programming, preferred in dutch, otherwise in english

Hello fellow sim cockpit builders ,

Recently I started working with an Open Cockpits Masterboard, connected to a USB Expansionboard. The hardware connections are all working fine .
    I thought it would be simple to start using it, but this appears a little more complicated then I estimated .

Is there a part of the forum where the real beginners-questions can be posted or can I just post them here?

I just post the first one allready here:
    Do I understand it well, in essential SIOC.exe needs two files to function: sioc.ini and sioc.ssi ?

Greetings,
    Bram

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Where to find real beginners-info for SIOC programming, preferred in dutch, otherwise in english

Ja Bram, that's right: exe ini and ssi (made after compilation from txt).
    Lost of examples: http://www.lekseecon.nl/
    Several good powerpoint files on the OpenC site.

Hessel Oosten
    767 Level-D

10+ Posting Member

Re: Where to find real beginners-info for SIOC programming, preferred in dutch, otherwise in english

Thanks for the reply .

I allready have been studying the leeksycon website examples, but it seems I stil do not manage to make a pushbutton function .
    But, it will work one day, I'm sure.

I'll take a look at the Powerpoint Presentation files.

Greetings,
    Bram Stikkel
    www.vliegenomtehelpen.nl

Hi bram
    Im the same as you if not worse , I have really tried to understand sioc but just cant get it, hopefully one day someone might design some software thats easy to understand, & then converts it into sioc script for open cockpits.
    I have an mcp that i built with master & display cards etc etc, But a online friend was kind enough to write the script for me, but everytime i try to take a look at it & understand it my brain dosent like it.. Im better with my hands than my head

Good luck with it, if you find something easier to understand let us know as im sure there is lots on here who dont quite understand it either.
    Cheers
    Richard..
    I Started with Nothing & ive still got loads left..

10+ Posting Member

Hi Richard,
    If I run into a userfriendly shell, I will let you all know.

By the way: In first instance, SIOC did offer a - in my opinion - rather userfriendly piece of software, with tabs in which one could define the functionname, the number of the button that had to be used and in a next tab, the FSUIPC code and bitamount had to be entered.
    It continued with a tab for rotary encoders, for variable resistors, and so on.

I cannot find this piece of software anymore, I think since I updated the SIOC version, is this possible ?

I hope I can still work with that program, because that program I saw in the beginning and that program made me decide to go for it (for Open Cockpits)

Anyone who knows what software I have seen?

Thanks in advance.
    Bram Stikkel

Bram,

what you are talking about is not SIOC but the easy way to work with opencockpit cards, I think its called iocard.exe
    SIOC is much more powerfull. I am belgian, dutch speaking. Please PM me in dutch with your questions and i'll help
    you out. SIOC is not that hard you know. Just needs some good explanation and i am sure i have already answered and
    explained how it works in some other posts.
    Look good at all the examples at the site of Niko Kaan and if there are still doubts then contact with specific question.
    Try to make a small script for example to get a led on when a fsuipc offset has a certain value or when you press a button.
    Then if it doesnt work, PM me and i'll look into it and explain why it doesnt do what you expect it to do...

Greetz Peter
    FS9+PM+AST+opencockpits