Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: How in the world did Xplane get FAA approval???????????

I found flying in real life much EASIER than in flight sim.
    The only thing I used flight sim for when I did my training was to practice navigation. It was pretty much spot on with the timings.
    As for practicing circuits, landings etc on flight sim - useless.
    You do not get the touch, wind buffeting, butt clenching and the thought that if you fark up the landing you cannot reset.
    You may as well practice golf by using a Tiger Woods game.

Thanks for your reply Matt;

I would like to apologize to you and the other viewers if it appeared as if I was bashing X-Plane. That was not my intention. I have no problem with X-Plane. Like I stated above, I have tried both FSX and X-plane using input controls from various manufacturers. My assessment is that although any desktop simulator has it's limitations e.g. Getting a feel for coordinated flight; either program can be used to help anyone reduce training expenses and achieve their flight dreams.

My argument is that although the current desktop training device that I have built has helped me and countless other pilots to excel at both the Private and Instrument levels of our flight training, the FAA won't approve FSX with the flight yoke, rudder pedals, switch panels, radios, AP etc; as one or more of these;

1. Cockpit Procedures Trainer (CPT) - Used to practice basic cockpit procedures, such as emergency checklists, and for cockpit familiarization.

2. Aviation Training Device (ATD) - Used for basic training of flight concepts and procedures.

3. Basic Instrument Training Device (BITD) - A basic training device primarily focused on generic instrument flight procedures.

4. Flight and Navigation Procedures Trainer (FNPT) - Used for learning various navigation procedures.

Both X-Plane and FSX have pro's and cons but I can see no reason why one should be glorified above the other by the FAA. This is why I said I suspect that it is politics.
    After all, this is how things quite often work in our world.

Kind Regards

Thanks for your reply Matt;

I would like to apologize to you and the other viewers if it appeared as if I was bashing X-Plane. That was not my intention. I have no problem with X-Plane. Like I stated above, I have tried both FSX and X-plane using input controls from various manufacturers. My assessment is that although any desktop simulator has it's limitations e.g. Getting a feel for coordinated flight; either program can be used to help anyone reduce training expenses and achieve their flight dreams.

My argument is that although the current desktop training device that I have built has helped me to excel at both the Private and Instrument levels of my flight training, the FAA won't approve FSX with the flight yoke, rudder pedals, switch panels, radios, AP etc; as one or more of these;

1. Cockpit Procedures Trainer (CPT) - Used to practice basic cockpit procedures, such as emergency checklists, and for cockpit familiarization.

2. Aviation Training Device (ATD) - Used for basic training of flight concepts and procedures.

3. Basic Instrument Training Device (BITD) - A basic training device primarily focused on generic instrument flight procedures.

4. Flight and Navigation Procedures Trainer (FNPT) - Used for learning various navigation procedures.

Both X-Plane and FSX have pro's and cons but I can see no reason why one should be glorified above the other by the FAA. This is why I said I suspect that it is politics.
    After all, this is quite often how things work in our world.

Kind Regards

PS. I may be signed in under one too many accounts.
    Hence; yeagerp51

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12