Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hi all, just starting out and am glad I found this site.

Hello everyone;
    I am located in Oshkosh Wi., home of one of the greatest general aviation events to take place. If there is anyone located near by, drop me a line. Would enjoy the chat.
    I am in the process of getting the pieces together to start construction of a cross between a Beech 350 and 1900. I figure, start out rather small. Find out how to make things work together, what type, and how much of everything one needs to be comfortable and stay within a budget. I am sure I will be asking questions along the way and I want to say "thank you" in advance to any and all help received.
    I look forward to this adventure.
    Thanks
    Todd

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Re: Hi all, just starting out and am glad I found this site.

Welcome, plenty of people on the light aircraft building. Mainly the Cessna and piper however i do belevie we have some other beechcraft simbuilders with us too. Hopefully they will pop in here and help get you on your way.

Post some pics. We love pictures.
    Enjoy building
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Todds View Post
    Hello everyone;
    I am located in Oshkosh Wi., home of one of the greatest general aviation events to take place. If there is anyone located near by, drop me a line. Thanks
    Todd

Hello Todd,

welcome. I've had the privilege to attend Oskosh, the Airventure, twice in the '90. Once with my dad, once with my wife. It was tremendous, what a party. Never seen so many GA aircraft, warbirds and other aircraft together. A place where you can buy everything, from a 2" screw to a complete aircraft (kit or already built). The second time my wife and I were lucky to find a place to sleep in Oshkosh which is difficult because hotels etc. are sold out years ahead. We stayed at an elderly couple near the airport, and we woke up the first morning when a warbird thundered in a very low pass over the house. I cherish my memories of Oshkosh, and hope to get back there some day.

JWS

I have to tell ya, the event has grown by leaps and bounds since the 90's. I spend 4 days at the field, from 6 A.m. till 0 dark thirty, and that still isn't enough time really. I hope that you and your wife do get the opportunity to come visit again in the near future Thanks for the reply

As for the build, I have found some general ideas as to what/how I am going to start this project. It will be a winter deal as that is when my time will free up some. I have 1 PC ready to go, a re-furbished pentium 2 that I had lying around that I will run periferals on, and am building another for the main system. Going to use Fs9 with mostly Saitek equipment, as that is what I have on hand, to start. I am planning on building it modular to that as I want to improve or change things I don't need to tear the whole pit apart but only bits and pieces. I will post pics as I progress and look forward to any and all input. I think this is going to be fun