Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Runtime error code 8021?

Hi there, I thought I would share an experience I had for the past few days with my new MCPEL & EFIS modules.
    I had down loaded all the relevant software from CPFlight and Simflightlabs and loaded them all onto my desktop PC to try out the hardware before installing it in my Sim pit, everything worked fine, so off I went and set it up on a work bench, behind my sim pit.
    After loading all the software I tried out the CPFlight hardware testing software and found out that everything worked fine, except whenever I switched the back lights on, via the software I would get "runtime error 8021" and the software would crash!
    I searched high and low through all the flight sim sights, but no one knew a cure for this problem, I even paid to download a programme that promised to cure the fault, guess what? it didn抰.
    I searched for hours on the internet and came across a forum question about a completely different set of software, which gave the same error code.
    In the reply on the Forum the moderator asked if the questionnaire was doing one of three things, two of them had nothing at all to do with what I was doing, but his final question was, "are you using a USB extension lead"?
    I was using 2 leads as the pit was quite far away from my bench, as soon as I removed one of the leads the fault went away, apparently USB integrity is only guaranteed for 15 feet (3 metres). Surprise or what !!!
    Hope this helps someone.
    Daveanne

2. Thanks Willow, Nick1150 thanked for this post
    500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Runtime error code 8021?

Thanks Daveanne

Indeed I have faced the same thing, but I do not remember the code or if there was an error, when connecting a printer all in one at home. Yes you are right,after 6 meters, depending on the device, problems arise.