MyCockpit Support Staff

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Aerosim Solutions B737 simulator rebuild

Hi all,
    I was wondering what to call this thread as it feels like I have lost an old friend! "Death of a sim" was one title that crossed my mind. I'll try to remain focussed on the term "Rebirth" and not "the destruction of my sim"! My B737 simulator had to be dismantled last weekend, I have rented out the house it was in and the house had to be emptied. I removed each component and then with a shaky hand and a Stanley trimmer, I cut away weeks and weeks of wiring and it had been a moment I had been dreading but it is done now and again I have no simulator . It has to go into storage again until I have moved into my new home. I have planned the simulator's rebuild for a while and it will begin after my trip to the UK. Hopefully I will be able to rebuild the sim and still take customer orders but I might have to put Aerosim on hold for a few months. I have bought a home with a fantastic powered workshop that is big enough to house the sim and my Aerosim Solutions work so it will be very easy to work on, I just have to install a kitchen and sleeping quarters!!!
    My sim will be reborn with a new MIP that is ready, Console, The first Aerosim B737 TQ, Overhead, 2 x FDS FMCs, FDS SYS1X interface and FDS/Sim Avionics. The brains of my sim will be all Flightdeck Solutions with the exception of the CP Flight MCP and EFIS which will remain. I will rebuild the rudders and move them and the seats outwards to allow for a full scale centre pedestal. It will be rebuilt with a much higher degree of accuracy and I will document progress in this thread....the story begins...

Cheers Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

2. Thanks W9XE/Project777 thanked for this post
    MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar

Re: Aerosim Solutions B737 simulator rebuild

Dying to see the Aerosim 737 quad!!! That has to be something bud!! Good luck with the rebuild!

Regards,

Roberto

4. Thanks Westozy thanked for this post

Can't believe you're buying things for your sim. With your brains and skill, I'm amazed. I can't even make a pair of symetrical throttle knobs for my 747. My condolences to you and your sim. Keep us posted. By the way, do you think, for situations like this that it is wise to have some sort of quick connects/disconnects built into the wiring?

500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar

That would be an interesting thread !!!!!

Looking forward for your pics

MyCockpit Support Staff

Quote Originally Posted by jsfboat View Post
    Can't believe you're buying things for your sim. With your brains and skill, I'm amazed. I can't even make a pair of symetrical throttle knobs for my 747. My condolences to you and your sim. Keep us posted. By the way, do you think, for situations like this that it is wise to have some sort of quick connects/disconnects built into the wiring?
    Hi John, I am flattered but I don't believe I can produce an FDS type FMC, my electronics skills are few but I will be building everything else. I had a few quick disconnect plugs on the old set up and I think these are a definate must. I have moved my sim a couple of times and it was always difficult to dismantle and reassemble the yokes, they will definately have multipin plugs this time around. All of the major components will be plug in eg. Console and throttle quad, overhead and MIP. It is essential to use high quality multipin plugs to avoid connection issues. 25 pin printer port leads can be handy for a twelve pair connection, I've done that a few times. I'm looking forward to the rebuild and detailing progress in this thread.

Cheers Gwyn
    www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

Good luck with the rebuild mate.

It should look stunning.
    "Tony"

In memory of Flt Lt Tony Hill who, on 5 December 1941, at the request of Doctor R V Jones, successfully photographed a small "Würzburg radar" at Bruneval on the French coast. This from a height of only 200 ft, at high speed, under fire and from a camera mounted obliquely behind the cockpit.