Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hello from Colorado

Hi All,

I found this forum through a Google search looking for an issue with my GoFlight GF-MCP. Anyway, I wanted to say hello. I've been simming since the mid-80's. The fun all began on a Commodore 64 running a software program like MS FS. Sometime in the early 90's I upgraded to a PC and MS FS and I've owned every version since then.

I really realized I had arrived in 2001 when I learned about VA's and flying online via VATSIM. I spent most every available minute flying from 2000 through 2004 or so. Through the help of the GoFlight modules and the CH Products yoke and peds, I built myself a pretty fine simulator. Towards the end I dabbled in multiple PC's and multiple monitors. Life began to get in the way of simming and I had to shelve everything for a few years.

A few weeks ago I watched a History Channel show about extreme airports. The next day I found myself digging out my GoFlight kit and looking around for my FS disks. After a few minutes I was back in the virtual sky.

The old PC I used back in 2003-04 was still working but just slow. I always wanted to build a true gaming machine for my sim hobby and did just that. I have a new homebrew box running Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit and FSX. I have more RAM in my video card today than I had in the old simming machine from a few years back. How times change.

I'm working on getting it all setup again. I'm surprised at how it all game back to me and I'm not just talking about flying techniques. I was able to get a second PC setup with FSUIPC and WideFS to run FSCommander (I do miss FSNav, but I'll get over it).

I had purchased FSX within days of it coming out, but since not alot worked with it at first I just shelved it and then that is when life got busy for me. I'm glad to see so much has been developed for this fine software.

I look forward to resolving my issue with the GF-MCP and spend time flying again very soon. I hope to get back on with VATSIM in a few days.

Jerry

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Hello from Colorado

Welcome to a fellow Colorado-an.