Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Anybody using SA_WXR with FSX? - I have a problem

Thanks for the heads up on that Peter.

I know I also have smoothing enabled for pressure and vis. I'll turn those off and hopefully I won't get the odd occurance when 'Warming Up' fails to progress further. I noticed too that 'Warming Up' kept on a little longer than what I experienced using ASV6.5 and FS2004. Maybe that's the cause of it?? I'm not at the computer at the moment so not able to check it out now (I'm at work as I write this).

From memory, I think I have options checked for FSX extra features which provides 'pseudo' weather stations (to help in the interpolation??).
    I'll turn those off also.

Once again, Peter, thank you in explaining the 'Global Weather' part of ASE and FSX. It makes sense why this appears to be reason why SA_WXR was stalling once started.

At the end of the day, I have SA_WXR working again so I'm a happy bunny once more.

Regards,
    Darren

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Suggy View Post
    I noticed too that 'Warming Up' kept on a little longer than what I experienced using ASV6.5 and FS2004.
    There's a lot more going on between ASE and FSX via SimConnect, and SimConnect blends in the weather a lot more slowly too. It therefore takes longer for FSUIPC to read the assorted WX stations requested by the likes of SA_WXR before it has enough to make its graphics. All of these exchanges with SimConnect are in an extended character-based readable METAR format which is a lot less efficient than the compact binary interfaces used in FS9 and before, and unlike FSUIPC3 which delves directly into FS9 for weather, SimConnect operates on a client/server basis with response taking sometimes a second or so each when it is busy, as it is when first deploying weather from ASE.

Weather radars are slow warming up in any case, so think of it as more realistic!

Regards
    Pete

Weather radars are slow warming up in any case, so think of it as more realistic!
    It's not a problem, just an observation

Actually, I have just had an idea in the way to start SA_WXR.

At the moment, I flip a switch on the weather panel and that simultaneously turns on the weather radar (Warm Up >> WXR) as well as the radar display on the ND. At that instance, there is a small grey message at the bottom right of the ND stating 'No WXR'. Of course, SA_WXR has just started and therefore there is no graphic yet to be shown at that instance - it is still computing it.

I think the best way of doing it is to code SIOC to turn on SA_WXR straight away when I set up the cockpit (initialise offset 6D00 with the command value 2).

Then when I eventually turn on the radar i.e. turn on the weather display in the ND, a graphic should already be there .

If, however, the message 'No WXR' is actually what is displayed when the radar is warming up, then I'll leave things as they are. I'll ask that question on Dodiano's Airbus forum!!

Darren

25+ Posting Member

Red face Re: Anybody using SA_WXR with FSX? - I have a problem

Hi...

Success.

I went home early today to start the sim and I guess disabling DWC did the trick - I have left the other options in ASE ("create additional stations" and "enhance route coverage") on and SA_WXR showed a radar picture already on the ground.

BTW: It helps immensely to switch the radar to "On" in PMGC. I had disconnected my hardware for a rebuild of that panel and left the switch off..... I feel sorry for all the ramp agents who are going to be fried by my radar in the next couple of weeks until I get that panel going again.

Now, if Enrico has solved the problem with the disappearing waypoints at the end of the route with the new builds that just came out - I will be a very happy Airbus pilot (at least for a while).

Thanks again to Peter and Suggy for making me try again with something on which I had given up already.
    Erhard in Thailand

Hello, Erhard.
    I'm glad it's working for you. We have obviously foud a problem and the solution!

I'm 'glad' you are having problems with disappearing waypoints towards the end of the route.

It happened to me last night, as well as on other occasions. It usually happens about 100 miles form the destination. Although the route disaapeared from the ND, the a/c still flew the route (I was monitoring it on Flightsim Commander).

I have just downloaded the most recent testnavdata (v34) which were posted yesterday (26 Aug) and at this moment I am doing a test flight - fingers crossed this might solve the problem ?????????. I did email PM about the disappearing waypoints towards the end of the route not so long ago. I thought it was just me.........

Regards,
    Darren

25+ Posting Member

Hello Darren,

LOL - here I was thinking I am the only one with that symptom, waypoints disappear even 200 or more NM out.

The new build did not cure it instead there were some new problems with the AP, so I have gone back to the old one.

Is yours a B or A sim ? In case of the AB MCDU I can bring the waypoints back by executing a DIR to the next waypoint.

B Rgds
    Erhard in Thailand

Hello, Erhard.

The flight yesterday resulted in again losing the waypoints - this time about 200 miles out.

I immediately emailed Enrico and got a reply straight away asking for details about my flight (flight plan etc.).

I am flying the Airbus. thanks for the tip about executing a DIR to restore the waypoints.

Regards,
    Darren

Good news, Erhard, about the disappearing waypoints.
    Enrico has just emailed me and he has found the bug and a new file (MCDU 321d) will be posted.

Regards,
    Darren

25+ Posting Member

Hello,

yes, I got a mail from Enrico too. Unfortunately, by the time I woke up MCDU321d was replaced by MCDU321e and that one makes a runtime error <G>
    Erhard in Thailand

Yes, same for me

Anyway, I've emailed him and he asked me to send a copy of my MCDU folder as he hasn't experienced the problem. So hopefully, it will be corrected shortly.
    Regards,
    Darren

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12