25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question OC FMC Screen Kit

Hi guys,

hoping someone can help here, i have brought the fmc kit, components, screen and mcp from OC, now the problem i am having is the screen, i can get it to run of the (yellow) video output via a splitter that came with my videa card (a nvidia 9600gt) now the splitter goes into the svideo type plug on the video card, and has an svideo, and r/b/g component out puts, (i am using the blue ouptput as that is also the composite video out. not the screen works, with a few problems, first up the screen has lines scrolling on it (like a badly tuned tv) scecond of all it is black and white (not really a problem)

anyone able to help me here. i am not intrested in doing a vga mod, too damn complicated for me, and i am drowning in a sea of information, everything i have found contradicts each other. anyone here got a psone lcd (tat oc suppled) working ok? oh and also i had to cut the cables at the plug end to get to get the video input to work, could not get the right plug that would work locally.

500+ This must be a daytime job Boeing 747 Flyer's Avatar

Re: OC FMC Screen Kit

Hi there,

Not meaning to scare you, but I had the exact same problems and I ended up sending the OC CDU Back.

The problem was, was that I was trying to convert DVI -> S-Video. The CDU is extremely sensitive to video input, if it is wrong it will not work (from my experiences anyway).

Please could you be slightly clearer; what output is coming from your gfx card and what you are currently doing.

150+ Forum Groupie

I have used two Sony PSOne screens, perhaps not quite the same as yours but the following may help.
    I had the scrolling and it was because the screen was NTSC and the card was PAL, check that. Don't know why you are in black and white though.
    Initially I used the TV out from the card but this meant that I could only use one screen per PC.
    I now use two of these which work fine and have futher adjustments and can be switched NTSC/PAL.
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=223833
    Perhaps this helps.
    Barry
    www.a320sim.com

10+ Posting Member

I had the same problem only difference was my FMC was the prebuilt. Anyway, in Nvidia control panel try changing the country (in the NTSC/PAL pull down I think) to Spain. I'm happen to be using a 9800GTX+, hopefully the control panel is the same on your 9600gt. Good luck, hope this works for you too.

75+ Posting Member

The lines you are seeing are most likely the retrace of the beam moving to the next row to output the pixels. There is a tool you can use to set the timing parameters to set the limits of the beam and on/off times during retrace to eliminate the retrace line.

Have a couple of old psone's sitting on the shelf which were interfaced several years back with a dual headed nvidia card using the vga connection. See attached images..

psone's were all the rage back then, ebay was full of them. You need a small circuit using a TTL XOR chip and a few caps to convert from standard vga to psone signals and some skill with a soldering iron. And then you probably need to set the video screen timing numbers. Sounds like you may have browsed and found some info on the subject.

Have since moved to a small LCD that uses a USB interface. A bit more work on the software/driver side, but a far better looking output and far more stable.

Might try tuning the video timing parameters.
    Attached Images Attached Images

25+ Posting Member

hi guys,

first up on the gigabyte 9600gt that i am using to test it has what looks like an svideo out put along with the two dvi outputs. on this s-video typ plug they supplied an out put box, which has the component red, blue anbd green rca plugs, and a four pin s-video plug, now i am using the blue output, whith according to the manual also is the yellow compisite output. this is where i think there may be some problem.

now if i have the screen set to ntsc in the nvidea control pael i cannot read it as the screen flickers madly, byt pal it is usabke, but with the lines going up and or down the screen. something intresting happened last night, while testing i restarted the pc, noe when i rebooted, the screen came back on in color, strange eh? i am going to do some more testing with the vcr and such just to see if i can get teh screen to wrok on them, if i can then i can atleast rule out the screen is faulty

Jason

25+ Posting Member

well the screen works perfectly on the blue ray player, everything is nice and crisp with no lines of ghosting, so it seems that it is deffinatly the video card, will have to look at getting a vga converter , still annoyed that an $88euro screen is going to cost more to get it running, going on the description on the oc site, i thought it was a sony lcd, not a psone lcd, if i have known this would have brought the screen elsewhere

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

try using the green RCA and find a setting in the control panel to "sync on green" or SOC, its usually green that has the sync, not blue, or the refresh rate is wrong