Thread: GC disappears

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

GC disappears

Hello
    I have a GC display problem .
    The screen will disappear after startup. I see only the bottom right corner of the PFD/ND screen. And I can see that it's a very small screen.
    When I start the software without a connection the screen is normal during the benchmark test. But when I press the button to close the dialog the screen disappears.

I hope there's someone who can help me!

Re: GC disappears

Could it be netdir or fsplans because a complete backup did not solve the problem? The OS is windows 7 32-bit and windows 7 64-bit for the FSX PC.

PM is a swindle. Sry but it's the truth.
    Think about it before you buy .

Problems, problems and problems. The problem I descriped below is just one of them.

And when do they finish the instructor station? And etc......

Sadness.

500+ This must be a daytime job Sean Nixon's Avatar

Saying as nobody else seems to have encountered this problem, I suggest the problem lies in your setup. rather than a PM problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Michel81 View Post
    PM is a swindle. Sry but it's the truth.
    Think about it before you buy .

Problems, problems and problems. The problem I descriped below is just one of them.

And when do they finish the instructor station? And etc......

Sadness.
    Michel,

It seems you have problems with PM. That's possible, other PM users have problems with PM sometimes. No need to start a flame here. You should take your problem to PM Support, that is where it belongs. When PM support does not give you credit, then there is time to call for backup on this forum. Don't get me wrong, I have a couple of things on my list for them also.

JWS

PM support doesn't help. They blame FDS and want more money. And I know that it isn't FDS but PM and we don't pay more money before they fix and finish it.
    We are having one problem after another for the last 2 years.

@ sean nixon: OK it's good for hobbiest who like to pay too much. And it isn't the setup because it did work. It's PM and nothing else. And our setup is made by PM and FDS. They told us which (computer) hardware to buy. And Sean the setup of a PM simulator is very easy when comparing it to other (certified) simulators. Cmon it's only PM who reads/writes some FSX variables. A pain in the *** for a lot of money. Maybe it's the programming methodology. And sean like I said it's one of the problems. I don't need help for problems which already been solved. I'm searching the forum/internet before I ask a question. I'm not like the most of them. But do you know a solution sean?

@ JWS: It's not a flame. I'm only warning people who are thinking of buying PM. If you don't agree then buy it. It's your money.

But I still think PM is a swindle. Maybe that's also the reason for FDS to start with simavionics .

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/view_page.php?id=79

wow look at the simavionics prices. Much better.

150+ Forum Groupie

I'm sorry You are having troubles. I'm using Airbus so I cannot help here, but I must say at least Airbus
    platform is not a swindle. Lot of good work has been done there and it is progressing a little by little.
    Some of the problems are hardware/Windows related, some of them are aircraft model related. I have tried
    many models and found the one that seems to work best with PM. So it does matter what model You are flying.
    I would not suggest anyone to fly FSX default models. One thing is sure that there is no big beta team to test these
    updates. I guess we are the team. In my experience, I have sorted out many problems with Enrico and he is willing to help. Nothing comes easy and programming is very difficult I guess. I would not say "swindle" because of this cooperation with Enrico and Thomas Richter. Because I have invested in PM I stick with it and want it to work.
    There is no better Airbus in the market so far either. I hope You can have Your Boeing to fly as supposed.
    Just my opinions for this issue.

Over the years, I have had problems moving the displays but with a little patience it can be done.

My advice is to make sure the programme is running with the windows title enabled (you will find this option towards the top of the .ini file). This will make it much easier to move and resize. Once resized and positioned (with FS9/X running) make sure you quit by pressing Alt + Q (or is it just Q? - you need to look in the manual). This will save the position.

Then and only then start to change your displays as you wish e.g. remove the windows title bar etc.

If you are having trouble getting to the programme beacuse it's somewhere else off screen (this tends to happen if you chnage the resolution of the display or any other of the display's parameters) then you will have to move it using normal Windows techniques.

Judging by what you say, this looks as though what you may have to do since you are not able to see the top of the programme.

Right click on its icon in the taskbar and select 'MOVE'. If 'MOVE' is not displayed, then you have to use the Alt + spacebar technique. This is a quirk with Windows and not the programme. I'll let you Google the techniques for more info how to do it (that's if you need to of course).

Hope this can be of help.

Regards,
    Darren

Hello simmers

@mmakela: ty for the reply. I must agree that there has been lots of good work done. But the owner also payed lots of money. And my oppinion is that he have payed to much for the software.
    Like you said there isn't a big beta team for testing and programming and it's not finished.
    About the model: I know that the default model isn't good. We are waiting for PMDG for a year now. First it was januari 2010 and now it's only 2010 . And XPUIPC.

@Suggy: also ty for your reply. Our screens were good till now and both CDU's are still good.

quote: Judging by what you say, this looks as though what you may have to do since you are not able to see the top of the programme.

It's indeed though without the top and without the move option . When the possition is right after some struggling and I restart the program then it's back. I also completely reinstalled the three GC computers with the backups I made earlier (when everything was ok). And after a restart it was back. So I tried reinstalling one of the three GC computers from scratch. But that's only a few things (OS, drivers, PM, Wideclient) and guess? Back after a restart . First we had the problem with one screen (PFD/ND Captain) and now all the GC screens (both PFD/ND's and EICAS). But I'll try the method with the windows title enabled and hope it will work. Again ty.

On a couple of occasions in the past, as well as deleting the programme, I also deleted all traces of it in the registry before reinstalling.

The following instructions have been copied and pasted from the Internet:

Control a Window with the Keyboard:
    Even when the title bar or sizing frame is off-screen and not reachable by the mouse cursor, you can still move or resize a window. Click on the visible part of the window and press Alt-Spacebar to bring up its system menu. Then press S (for Size), press the right arrow key to select the right-hand edge of the window, and press the left arrow key repeatedly. When the window is reduced to a manageable size, press Enter.
    To move a window whose title bar is not visible, click the window or its corresponding taskbar button and again press Alt-Spacebar. Even if the window is entirely off-screen, not visible at all, the system menu will appear as close to it as possible, so you can use the menu's location as a pointer to the "lost" window. This time press M (for Move), use the arrow keys to bring the window back into view, and press Enter when you have it back under control.[/COLOR]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast