Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Trouble in making work an opencockpits MCP

Dear Sir:

I hope you can help with the configuration of an MCP from opencockpits.
    I fly level-d B767 (release 3.1) under FS2004 (version 9.1), and just bought the 737 MCP from Opencockpits. I have no experience in cockpit building.
    From your site I downloaded SIOC and lekseecon, including the files for plug & play modules.

I followed the instructions of the manual. However, I failed trying that the MCP work properly.
    When I start a flight already saved, or created a new flight the result is that the MCP turns on the lights for a few seconds only (matching the same numbers that are in FS) and then the communication stops, and the MCP makes nothing.
    FS continue working. No error messages are sent.

What I have done:
    - I run "setup-FS2004" in the "OC_modules" folder. Then the sioc.ini file in the SIOC folder is generated, so SIOC.exe can be correctly executed. I opened sioc.ini file and the first lines said :
    "...no MCP737, EFIS737, ATC737 or FMC747 modules were detected..."
    So, I changed the CONFIG_FILE line and the second Master line (you can see a copy of the modified file attached).

- I created a file lekseecon9.ini (attached).
    - I run lekseecon9. You can see a copy of lekseecon9_log attached.

Additional information:

-File LVLDSDK.dll downloaded with lekseecon located in C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\lekseecon has the following
    parameters 57Kb 13-05-07.
    -File LVLDSDK.dll downloaded with leveld located in C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Level-D Simulations\Level-D SDK
    has the following parameters 52Kb 23-02-06.

- In the folder C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Level-D Simulations\Level-D SDK I have a file named "SP2 SDK readme". Concerning the version it says "Software Development Kit, for Level-D Simulations 767 v1.2" . So I presume that I have the release 3.1 for B767 and the v1.2 for SDK (and not 2.02). No error message is sent when I run lekseecon. I posted in the forum Level-d asking for last version of sdk, and they told me that was 1.2.2

I hope you can help

Waiting your reply

Best Regards
    Carlos Varas
    Santiago
    Chile
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim kiek's Avatar

Re: Trouble in making work an opencockpits MCP

Hello Carlos,

Thank you for your elaborate explanation of your set up. Great, it gave me a lot of information.

It is strange that the MCP737 module was not detected when running Setp-FS2004 (are you sure it was plugged in?). Anyway, you have solved that by manually changing the sioc.ini (good job).

You did not get error messages about your SDK version because you presumably run the 1.3 version of the Level-D 767 add-on in FS9, as needed. (you can check that in the About box of the Level-D add-on menu in FS9).

I see no errors in the way you have installed lekseecon and sioc. The log tells me lekseecon runs fine...

You also said that the digits at the display were the same as in the panel. So I'm beginning to think of a hardware problem in the MCP... Have you checked the MCP with other software and other aircraft? Are you sure it is ok?

kind regards,
    Nico

3. Thanks cvaras thanked for this post

Re: Trouble in making work an opencockpits MCP

Nico,

Thank you for your prompt response. I appreciate very much that you use your valuable time helping me. Indicating me that installation is correct will make me focus in the hardware, and I will continue trying to make work the MCP.

Once again thank you, and best regards form Santiago de Chile.
    Carlos Varas