Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

mastercard doesn't detect sometimes in xp when boot up..

Windows XP 64
    I7 920
    6GB ram
    1 master card
    1 servo card
    2 input cards
    2 output cards

hi... don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but when the fsx computer boots up, and I start, SOIC, FSX, the flap gague and the led don't respond ..

I have to quit SOIC, and FSX and then unplug the mastercard USB and Servo card USB and then plug it back in and then run the SIOC and FSX.. Then it works ..

So, it kind of gets annoying that everytime i have to unplug the cards and plug them back in.

Is anyone else having this kind of problem..

I like to have all my USB plugged in and just start the computer and it should see the devices.

thanks.

Re: mastercard doesn't detect sometimes in xp when boot up..

Do you use a USB hub ? if so try to connect directly to the PC's USB and see if it's different.

I had a problem a week ago that my OC relay cards where acting crazy. Means if more than one relay was in "on" possition they all blocked. Solution was to excange one of the USB cables.

hope this helps,
    Gery

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by crashdog View Post
    Do you use a USB hub ? if so try to connect directly to the PC's USB and see if it's different.

I had a problem a week ago that my OC relay cards where acting crazy. Means if more than one relay was in "on" possition they all blocked. Solution was to excange one of the USB cables.

hope this helps,
    Gery
    hi and thanks for the response...

Yes I do have a powered USB hub and I also tried it without the USB HUB.. I have connected the servo and master card directly to the motherboard usb and sometimes it does it ... Not all the time.. Like today when I had only the servo and M/C plugged into the motherboard USB, it seemed fine..

I'm just thnking maybe too many usb connections are being made to the computer and thats why sometimes it doesn't see the servo and the M/C ...

I have a goflight usb efis and MCP pro, goflight GF-T8 and GF-48, saitek yoke, saitek radio, USb keyboard, FSC TQ etc plugged into the computer...

Maybe, I think I try to spread these usb connection out..

If anyone know, can the servo and the master card run on another computer except from the FSX computer.. I am running 2 more computer networked besides the FSX main computer. They run the EADI and PFD screens... They have usb port which are free at the moment.. maybe I can move someof the above usb connections to these computers or if there is some other way to solve this issue...

This is so fustrating that I have to unplug the cards when fsx is started up..

I will also try and install windows 7 home edition and see if that help.. I was reading somewhere here that Xp does have that problem but Win 7 fixes that issue..

thanks.

Yes, you can use the cards on other computers. You need to download an additional software from OC to run over the network and configure the sioc.ini

Also try replacing the usb cables. and check that the addresses etc in the sioc.ini are correct.

good luck,

Gery

25+ Posting Member

Yes, you can use the cards on other computers. You need to download an additional software from OC to run over the network and configure the sioc.ini

Also try replacing the usb cables. and check that the addresses etc in the sioc.ini are correct.

good luck,

Gery
    hi and thanks for the help ...
    can you tell me how abouts would I setup the O/C cards onto another pc (2nd PC) ..

My 2nd PC has the registered version of WideFS and FSUIPC 4.6 ..

Can you tell me which software goes on which computer.. and what other software needs to be installed onto what computers...

thanks.

Hi,
    Happy if I can help
    You don't really need widefs or fsuipc for this. Only sioc.

You need this file for the servo :
    http://www.opencockpits.com/modules....=getit&lid=193
    Download and unzip it to the 2nd pc.
    Open the IOSercos.ini file in a texteditor.
    find this line :
    IOCP_host=localhost
    and change it to
    IOCP_host= the ip address of your main pc.
    you can find it whenn typing ipconfig in a dos (cmd) window or if you open your network settings and right click on the network card and select "status".

you also need to check the sioc.ini file on the main pc. There is a section IOCP client Module 1
    you probably need to set the ipaddress of your 2nd pc there.

Try if it works.

It seames not to be possible with the master card not even with the USB expansion. At least I could not find any files for it. But at least it should work for the servo card.

Cheers,

Gery

25+ Posting Member

Hi,
    Happy if I can help
    You don't really need widefs or fsuipc for this. Only sioc.

You need this file for the servo :
    http://www.opencockpits.com/modules....=getit&lid=193
    Download and unzip it to the 2nd pc.
    Open the IOSercos.ini file in a texteditor.
    find this line :
    IOCP_host=localhost
    and change it to
    IOCP_host= the ip address of your main pc.
    you can find it whenn typing ipconfig in a dos (cmd) window or if you open your network settings and right click on the network card and select "status".

you also need to check the sioc.ini file on the main pc. There is a section IOCP client Module 1
    you probably need to set the ipaddress of your 2nd pc there.

Try if it works.

It seames not to be possible with the master card not even with the USB expansion. At least I could not find any files for it. But at least it should work for the servo card.

Cheers,

Gery
    hi and thanks for the help...
    I managed to get the servo to work on the 2nd PC.. The gauge works ok ...

but the LE Flaps transit/ext, nose gear up/dwn lights don't light up ..

The mastercard is connect to the 2nd PC and so is the servo card.. It would be nice if I can run the SIOC.exe program from the 2nd PC instead of the 1st main PC ..

right now SIOC is running from the 1st Main FSX PC and the IOCard Servos is running off the 2nd PC...

I know I can connect my master card to the 1st PC, but it would be nice if I can connect the master card as well to the 2nd PC... Is it possible to do that ...

I want to free up some USB orts on the main computer and thats why I would like to run both the cards on the 2nd PC as in networked. we got the servo to work, now just have to figure out the master card..

but appreciate all the help... won't have gone this far with out your knowledge..
    thanks.

25+ Posting Member

hi... well I got both the servo and mastercard to work on the 2nd PC..

I have SIOC installed on both PC's... setup the IP address and port and ran both SIOC and wala ... they connect and can communicate with FSX..

The only issuse I'm having is just like before is that the master card and servo card freezes...

Meaning, I can move my landing gear and can see the lights light up and when I move the flaps I can see the gauge moving...

But after few minutes nothing works...

I run controlador and ccheck for the led display and the input switches, nothing shows up.. Even at the bottom after clicking on start, the [UUSB Device Number = N/A ....

So, I have to exit the 2nd PC's SIOC program, unplug the USB Servo card and the USB Master card and plug them back in, then run SIOC on the 2nd PC and then start FSX, then everything works...

Then again after few seconds or minutes nothing works... So I have to repeate the above steps..

it looks like to me the cards loose connection and when unplug and plug back in the USB cards are recognized..

I was having the same problem when these cards where plugged into the 1st (Main FSX Computer) PC and thought that maybe because I had too many USB devices the O/C cards were loosing contact... But moving them to the 2nd PC is also doing the same thing..

I have 3 master cards.. I tried all 3 of them and have the same issue ..

I just can't figure out why it's doing this..

Hi,
    interessting that two sioc instances can communicate I didn't know that.
    Do you use the latest version of sioc ? I would also try to conntact opencockpits them selfe and explain the problem to them. That this works a few seconds and then just looses connection on 2 different pc's is very odd. Sounds much like a bug in sioc or broken cards ?. I only have one PC so can't try the same scenario my self. But I never have the issue that connection to the cards are lost. I use sioc version 3.7B1 with fs-x.

Gery

25+ Posting Member

Hi,
    interessting that two sioc instances can communicate I didn't know that.
    Do you use the latest version of sioc ? I would also try to conntact opencockpits them selfe and explain the problem to them. That this works a few seconds and then just looses connection on 2 different pc's is very odd. Sounds much like a bug in sioc or broken cards ?. I only have one PC so can't try the same scenario my self. But I never have the issue that connection to the cards are lost. I use sioc version 3.7B1 with fs-x.

Gery
    hi.. I think I solved my card issue loosing usb connection. I edited the SIOC.INI file and under # of card it was showing 2 (I guess when you install SIOC it defaults sets them up for more than 1 usb card)..
    anyway I changed that to 1 and so far the card seems working right through.. I did a test flight for about an hour and everything connected to the card was working..

So that is good news..

The bad news is that when I always start up the computer from fresh (FSX PC, where the usb card is insstalled) and then start up SIOC.exe it shows up USB not running or stopped..

I have to unplug the usb cable and then re start SIOC and everything works ok form then onwards..

not a big deal at least the card is not loosing connection like before and was very annoying cause all the leds and switches would freeze and I could tell what was going on..

S, now I have to figure out why SIOC won't reconize the card on start up uless I unplug and plug the card back in..

thanks.

If anyone has this same kind of problem and have any suggestion please feel free to post and I cna give it a try.. Even though it's not a big deal, but it feels weird going to the back of your computer everytime to unplug and plug ther card on start up..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast