25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

SIOC MCP 737 PMDG with PMDG 747 in fsx displays and leds don't work

Hi,

I have the OC MCP and EFIS and use them in FSX with the SIOC mcp pmdg w_bat script.
    While waiting for the PMDG 737NG for FSX, I use them in the PMDG 747 and was expecting all kinds off mismatches since the script I suppose was written for FS2004 with the PMDG 737.

To my surprise EFIS works just fine, apart from the push function in the left rotary, but i haven't checked if it is has a designation in the script yet.

The MCP has complete functionality, but the displays only show zero's and not the PMDG MCP values i have on screen. Also the LEDs do not light up when the corresponding button is pushed.

Is there anyone who can tell me how to get the PMDG MCP values back into the OC MCP displays and light the LEDs when the corresponding funtion is activated?

My first deduction would be the PMDG offsets in the OC SIOC script are correct since all MCP buttons and switches are functional within the PMDG 747. But maybe there is different offsets for sending and receiving... I will keep on searching but any help would be much appreciated,

kind regards,

Dion Methorst

25+ Posting Member

Re: SIOC MCP 737 PMDG with PMDG 747 in fsx displays and leds don't work

Hi,

Apparently the MCP is functional no matter what kind of offsets in the script i change. I do have some value on the course display, which the 747 does not have and if i fiddle with the value and length of the offset i get all kinds off numbers on the course display, but not something i recognize as a MCP heading, altitude IAS, or Vspeed.
    So it seems the right offsets are needed for the correct displaynumbers...
    I am going to keep trying to solve the puzzle.

dion

25+ Posting Member bussgarfield's Avatar

Hi Dion.

I have the OC MCP and like you am waiting for the 737 NGX. I have the MCP up and running fine with the default FSX 737 and it also works fine with all other aircraft with auto pilot capabilities.
    The script from OC was loaded straight in and all the tests work fine.

I have not had to alter anything. Just clicking on the icon on the desk top opens up the MCP page and it is then a matter of clicking this page to reduce it into the tray. Then open the FS.

All LED's correspond with those of the sim as do all switches and rotaries.
    You may want to think about deleting your current script and downloading again from the OC MCP page and give it another whirl.

Gary

25+ Posting Member

Hi Gary,

thanks for your reply, i know it works with the default 737, but i would like to get it working with the PMDG 747 as well because i like flying that one also. Since i like to toy and fiddle it is also the fun of getting it done.
    Unfortunately i am not there yet... and maybe finding things out will keep me busy longer then it takes for the PMDG737NG coming in (which of course will need its own script)

25+ Posting Member

Hi Gary,

I downloaded the opensky 737 southwest package from turbofan and most functions of the MCP work in that one too! Only the efis is not home : (.
    Nevertheless it is fun. I tried the Ariane 737-700 as well, but it seems nothing will cooperate with that one.

dion

Quote Originally Posted by dion73 View Post
    Hi,

I have the OC MCP and EFIS and use them in FSX with the SIOC mcp pmdg w_bat script.
    While waiting for the PMDG 737NG for FSX, I use them in the PMDG 747 and was expecting all kinds off mismatches since the script I suppose was written for FS2004 with the PMDG 737.

To my surprise EFIS works just fine, apart from the push function in the left rotary, but i haven't checked if it is has a designation in the script yet.

The MCP has complete functionality, but the displays only show zero's and not the PMDG MCP values i have on screen. Also the LEDs do not light up when the corresponding button is pushed.

Is there anyone who can tell me how to get the PMDG MCP values back into the OC MCP displays and light the LEDs when the corresponding funtion is activated?

My first deduction would be the PMDG offsets in the OC SIOC script are correct since all MCP buttons and switches are functional within the PMDG 747. But maybe there is different offsets for sending and receiving... I will keep on searching but any help would be much appreciated,

kind regards,

Dion Methorst
    Hi Dion yeah same for me, just wondered since may have you found a pmdg sioc script to make the button lights work or the digits move??

Paul

25+ Posting Member

hi,

No, it took me too long and i lost interest because a change of plans. If the PMDG NGX has a full and open SDK i will use it for my cockpit, otherwise i will probably go for flightdeck software and use only the PMDG shell.

kind regards,

dion

Hi Dion

been serching for same problem with the MCP in the 747, any way i have recently got the Efis to go with the OC MCP and have to use as you know in FSX with the IOCP server and not FCUIP, now i can connect ok to the IOCP server and sioc tells me all ok however, the efis knobs, toggles and buttons when pressed do not work the corrosponding knobs and buttons in the FSX 737 virt cockpit...ie when i use the VOR 1 toggle on the efis it switches the Vor 2 toggle in the virt cockpit....i am pretty sure i followed the config instruction ( not so plug & play hey) any ideas?

ta

Paul