75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Forcing Analog Matrox T2Go to recognise higher resolutions!

Perhaps I have not framed this question correctly so I will explain my problem!

I was recently given all of the following:

An Analog Triplehead2Go and an ATI 4870 graphics card that I wish to connect to
    3 Optoma 720p projectors all working in a WIN7 64bit enviornment.

The Analog Triplehead2Go and an ATI 4870 graphics card are compatible and should work in WIN7 64bit according to the MATROX Commpatibility check/test when it is run!

The very latest version of Matrox Powerdesk is installed and has been deleted and installed several times. The extra modes are installed but do not appear to be accessable. The ATI 4870 driver is the very latest. The SGU is installed but it does not matter as I cannot run FSX due to the required resolution being unavailable. The maximum resolution I can set for the projectors is 3x800x600 which of course is no good.

I have have two other systems with Digital Triplehead2Go and ATI 4870 graphics which work perfectly driving triple 23" LCDs. I guess this is a distraction as the LCD resolution can go pretty high if I wish!

The projectors will support PC set to normal (4:3) 640x480 /800x600 / 1024x768 / 1152x864 /1280x1024 / 1400x1050 and in Wide Screen Mode which I would not use 1280x720 /1920x1080. I have checked all these resolutions out individually driving each projector without the Analog Triplehead2Go.
    The Analog Triplehead2Go has also been checked out with LCDs and higher resolutions and is OK!

My problem is the maximum resolution available to me is 3x800x600 when I use the Analog Triplehead2Go and the projectors. Is there any way I can convince WIN7, or whatever that the projectors will run at higher resolutions or is there something I am doing that is so obvious that I am missing it.

Any help at all would be most appreciated!

Bill.

300+ Forum Addict

Re: Forcing Analog Matrox T2Go to recognise higher resolutions!

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/pr...solutions.html
    These are the availible resolutions for the analog version.
    You need to check the latest software from Matrox and also check to see if Win7 will run those resolutions correctly
    Regards...............Brian W.

3. Thanks Prof Bill thanked for this post
    75+ Posting Member

Many thanks indeed for this Brian!
    It seems the TripleHead2Go Mode Expander Tool does not specifically state it works with WIN7 and indeed it appears it does not when tried!

I am now wondering about the latest Matrox Powerdesk for WIN7 64bit as it seems not to work for the the analog version. I am also unhappy with the installation which seems to have features missing eg Help and Troubleshooting.

What is really annoying about all of this is that the projectors and the analoge Triplehead2Go work perfectly in a WIN XP enviornment where I have just tried them!

Do you know of anybody who has tried to drive projectors with the latest Matrox Powerdesk for WIN7 64bit using an analogue MATROX.

Bill.

300+ Forum Addict

Sorry, but no I do not know of anyone. I only use XP64 and also now use the digital version of Triplehead.
    Regards.....................Brian W.

75+ Posting Member

Many thanks Brian!
    In the meanwhile I went through the ritual of installing very high quality cables and very short cables to no avail!
    My searches elsewhere have not turned up any enlightment whatsoever!

I am going to take a digital Triplehead 2Go from another system and try it with WIN7 64bit.
    The one I will use is one that currently works with FSX on a WIN7 32bit system and the latest MATROX WIN7 64bit.

Regards,

Bill.

75+ Posting Member

Brian, the last sentence in the post above should have read "The one I will use is one that currently works with FSX on a WIN7 32bit system and try using the latest MATROX WIN7 64bit software".

Bill.

75+ Posting Member

Well the good news is that the Digital Matrox T2Go works excellently in a WINDOWS 7 64bit enviornment!

I have had a student who was interested in the matter do considerable research and his conclusion was that MATROX do not support the Analog
    MATROX T2Go versiion in a WINDOWS 7 64bit enviornment.

It would appear MATROX know about this and there are severlal reports even an email to some person saying that support was not available. This can be chased down on the web. You can telephone MATROX Support (not email them) and they will go on line for about 30 minutes and set your system up to work. This may be a one off that was offered to a digruntled customer and may not be available to all!
    My conclusion is that it is too difficult for MATROX to support the Analog version and all their effort is being invested in the Digital Matrox T2Go as a better business revenue stream.
    I believe the salutary lesson to be learned here is that if you move to WINDOWS 7 64bit factor in an added cost of a Digital Matrox T2Go. You really can get very high screen resolutions indeed - probably worth the money!

Regards,

Bill.