Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Pedestal bay, NAV, COMM, ADF and the rest...

Just a quick question...

Has anyone from you guys who already have Opencockpits radios, have tried to install them on a different company's pedestal bay, like for instance Cockpitsonic, FlyEngravity or any other ?

Thanks

Nick

300+ Forum Addict

I have them in a handmade bay. but they are to the exact measurements of the originals, so they *should* fit in all bays!

well, I have *CPFlight radios in a cockpitsonic padestal. I know thats not what you ask...

500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar

Hi,

A new update is ready… Pedestal is already working… It took some time to make this happen due to several reasons, most of them NOT my responsibility, but nevertheless I can fly now with less clicks than ever!!!

As a general comment:
    If you are looking for a pedestal bay, just pay for an aluminum one, or do it yourself. Any other way will hurt. No more comments. Trust me on this.

The PnP OpenCockpits radio modules are in an acceptable quality level, according to my personal opinion, and are really PnP. Just run the setup file downloaded from OC. Restart and then plug in all modules to the USB ports. That’s it…. It is very easy. No programming, no settings, nothing. It was so easy for me too, but it seems that (see the pictures that follow) I plugged an USB light too for back lighting purposes, which seems that caused my USB PC port to crash and loose any communication. After few days of struggling around I found out that this was it. So be careful not to connect any other devices to the hub, and always connect the hub directly to the PC. If you follow this, you are flying in 3 minutes!!! About the ATC, which many stated about the lack of dual concentric rotary switch, my personal opinion is that, I can live without it. It took me few seconds to realize how to change the ATC code, and since then I have no problems. As a final comment, I would say that OC PnP modules are worth the money, and I would buy again one of these.

All other panels, I call them dummy, are ok. Nothing extraordinary, not bad either. I have already installed all buttons, knobs, and switches to them and I like the way they appear on the pedestal. I would buy again OC panels too. Worth the money.

The blanks you see on the bottom are a OC fault. I have already cut fiber glass panels and sorted that problem, but I do not have updated photos to show them. Will update soon.

Pictures here http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...563#post110563

Hope you like it,

Nick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123