Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

FSX network sotwere ?

hello to all
    i am not shore if this is able ,i have a network running PM,FSX and would like to know if there was a type of softwere witch could be programed to start all applications with out me having manuley to start each one after the other

what i mean is when i what to start a flight i have to fisrt start:
    SEVER:
    FSX
    GOFLIGHT softwere
    COCKPITSONIC softwere
    FSINN

and all clients

WIDEFS
    PROGECT MAGENTA

what i would like is if i could when i start fsx all other softwere opens automaticlly and if it could start fsx in the cockpit at a parking ramp would be nice i understan i am asking for too much!!!!!!!!!
    can it be done?
    kind regards

500+ This must be a daytime job

Re: FSX network sotwere ?

Hi Spiro,
    Fsuipc has that feature. I think its call Run. Have alook in the Advanced programmers manual its all documented there.
    regards
    les
    P38 of the advanced Users manual. This manual is located in Modules folder in FSUIPC 4
    OOPS didnt realise you were networked.

300+ Forum Addict

Re: FSX network sotwere ?

Funny! I'm working on this myself... Here is what you do:

1. This is the biggest one to me-If your clients can do it, setup the NIC cards to wake-up on lan (meaning turning the client computer(s) on from the network. You then download a free program to wake them up (turn them on) Look for "Desktop Central Free Windows Tool" or something similar. This will allow you to turn on the computers from one central server computer.

2. If you rather push power buttons for each one, why not place a wire with a remote push button (momentary) onto the jumper of the motherboard's power button pins (do a "y" connection-thus, keeping the computer's case button, as well as the remote button working). Place the remote button(s) into the cockpit (as many as you have client computers for-your wire will need to be long enough to go from the client computers to the inside of the cockpit), and then test them.

3. Now the easy part, place all the programs that you want to startup when the computer powers up into the Programs>Startup location. You can drag and drop the icons into this folder from the desktop. Just left click and hold, then drag to start button>programs>startup. Release (drop it in startup). This will start the programs automatically upon power up.

4. To start FSX at a parking ramp, you just select the parking ramp location you want to use repeatedly, and then select make this the default flight.

5. Setup your CDU and other FSUIPC clients to allow computers to shutdown from within FSUIPC (you'll see this option in the PM CDU as "Shutdown All PC's". This allows all computers to be shutdown all at once.

Finally, I suggest you get the free program TightVNC and place that on all the clients and the FSX (server). This will allow you to access each computer from one location (works like Windows Remote Sharing/Desktop). Thus, when you need to make changes to the different computers and the PM programs on them you'll be able to do it. Plus, you can setup the BIOS of each machine to "Halt On-No Errors", this will allow you to not have a keyboard/mouse for every computer. Otherwise, if you don't set this, the computers will stop when they don't find keyboards.

I hope all this works out for you. For me, I just have to finish making remote buttons, and then I'm all set...