Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Cockpitsonic, what's up?

I have been speaking with Mathais about ordering a blank 747-400 panel. He said he could do that and would ship it from the states to help me on shipping costs. Last I heard he was supposed to go to Miami on May 12, but haven't heard from him since then. I've sent him a bunch of emails asking about the status, with no reply. Has anyone else had problems dealing with him or the company? I would like to pay for and receive the panel that I ordered. Any suggestions as of how to go and deal with this? thanks.
    -JSFBOAT

500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar

Re: Cockpitsonic, what's up?

JSFboat eventhough I've been there, I have to ask this... Are you sure that you have the correct e-mail of Mathias ? In my case I had many e-mail exchanges everyday, and I have to admit I am very happy with cockpitsonic's communication. Just to show you what I mean, Mathias was answering my e-mais instantly from his iPhone on the road... So I am thinking that maybe he has not received your messages (?)

On the other hand as far as delay is concerned I totaly understand what you are talking about. I just received my dual seat trainer from cockpitsonic. When I ordered my DST, Mathias told me that I will receive my trainer in 15 days. Few days after my order, and because I had ordered many options like backlighting, striped screens, etc, he informed me that the DST will delay few days. I imagined that 15 days would become 20 days. Finaly I received my trainer 70 days after my order... I am a happy guy now of course, but I was very angry and disapointed before the receipt of my trainer.

To make the long way short, in my personal opinion Cockpitsonic has good products quality, excelent service and communication, fair prices, but one has to expect deleays when ordering.

Just my 2 cents from my recent personal experience.

Nick

75+ Posting Member

Hi

Interesting, in late May I ordered a set of panels for the 737 center pedestal through Mathias. The seven day delivery date was missed and an email inquiry was sent. The replay indicated a short delay and about 5 days later got an email stating the panels were ready and would be shipped next day. A week later, got a second email asking if panels were received and indicating there might be a problem. No indication or info as to the nature of the problem. Two follow on emails asking for further info have gone unanswered. To date panels have not been received and I've started an action via PayPal and my credit card company to recover the cost of the panels. Bummer, dude. It was a good chunk of change and it leaves the center pedestal vacant. Maybe the OpenCockpit guys might be a better option....

You might think twice before ordering. OTOH I have a set of MIP panels with IBL for the 747 that might be available as we convert the sim to the 737NG. Don't have a price in mind just yet and still need to tear down the 747, Just a thought if by blank panel you mean the 747 MIP.

Regards
    John

150+ Forum Groupie

Thanks for the heads up guys, i was planning on purchasing some panels from them but still waiting on a answer .....been over 4 weeks now!!!!! I had no problems with cockpitsonicusa but now have my doubts on doing business with cockpitsonic Will be spending my money somewhere else.

Michael
    A320 Home Simulator LHA435
    - P3dv4.5 - i7 - GTX970 - Fly Elise - ASN - Black Marble

yeah, I ordered one of their first 737 throttles back in 2005. I waited 6 monts for it to be delivered.
    It was actually a "poldragonet" throttle with their own electronic attached to it. The quality of the throttle where not better then that of an IKEA furniture. When I sent Mathias emails about none functioning features (pakring break light, autothrottle etc..) , they where all ignored.
    My conclusio of cockpitsonic is clear... will never ever deal with them again.
    I know quite a few people who build sims and I hear about 1 possitive and 9 negative feedbacks out of 10 for cockpitsonic.
    Their stuff is rearly worth the money... sorry to say.

Opencockpits are better when it comes to price/quality. But don't expect to get much support unless you speak spanish.

The one company I know of that delivers quality and good support is flightdecksolutions... if you can affort their sims.
    Gery

What happened to me is that I tried to order their 747-400 MIP, and was told that it was ready, but the shipping would be expensive. The last thing I heard from them in APRIL, was that they were going to Miami and would take the panel on the airplane with them and then ship from Miami. When 2 weeks went by without a word from them, I asked what was going on, that and every email I've sent them has been ignored. I'm steering clear of them. They seem to have great products, but what's the point in having a product line if you ignore customers?

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

I bought a sixpack originally made by them secondhand through MyCockpit. The state of the soldering on the circuitboard is shocking. If it didn't only use a few volts to power LED's, it would be a serious safety and fire hazard.
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

In defense of CockpitSonic, I've personally evaluated and presented a product review. GO HERE

I've also had the opportunity to closely look at their products at the 2009 FSWeekend show. I was very pleased with the quality of their products. I've met Mathais, my impression is; he's admirable and is committed to customers.

As all vendors who are at high demand, shipping delays will happen. It's unfortunate for the vendor as well as for the customer. There is not one hardware vendor, that has not had a slow shipping related problem, it happens to the best. All vendors would LOVE to ship same day, but unfortunately there is not enough product.

Communication is a major problem, when it comes to these issues. It's easier to complain in an open forum than trying to resolve it with a vendor.... I guess??

Personally, I've lost a lot of emails, that I've supposedly have received. Didn't know I was being blocked. Their are tons of blocking sites out there, you may be hit by one of them. Sending an Email is not a sure thing. Perhaps this is an issue you may be having.

I don't know what's up with the quality issue, never heard that issue before regarding CockpitSonic.

Matt Olieman
    Last edited by Matt Olieman; 10-24-2010 at 12:03 PM.

9. Thanks Joe Cygan thanked for this post

I have also met Mathias many times in Lelystad and even visited their shop in Altenburg in 2005. Don't get me wrong Mathias is a nice guy, nothing personal. But I still think it's important to tell other simbuilders about such experiances. Then you get a better picture of what to expect. I'm shure that email issue is no spam blocker problem. Back in 2005 when I bought my throttle, I ordered that thing in may. I was told it would be delivered in approx 4 weeks. After that I mailed and phone them etc... Mathias alway answered my emails but constantly put me off. It would take another 2-3 weeks. After 6 monts I finaly got the thing. I sent him a whole list of things that didn't work... from that moment... nada,nothing, no reply, no one home... and that thing cost me 1650 euros. For that money in that time I would definitively made a better throttle my self.

I think it's good that people are trying to make a market out of simming. But if you take peoples money, they expect more then just tinkering.

Kind Regards,

Gery