Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Nvdia GTX480 problem ?

I updated latest Nvidia's drivers and i don't have these problems anymore.
    Now i can see other problems, like SB4 errors
    Maybe i have to go back to Fsinn

Thanks all for replies and your help

regards

Eddie
    Eddie Armaos
    Athens-Greece

[

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Eddie.

The error you're reporting is not an NVidia driver error, it's a standard Windows error which happened to be generated (and thrown out unhandled) within an NVidia code module loaded within the address space of the process running fsx.exe.

The error itself is a memory Access Violation error, thrown by Windows' Data Execution Protection system. This is designed to stop memory blocks designated as containing data being run as executable code (which is / used to be the most common way malware gets in).

A very common cause of this error is faulty RAM. Try taking out 3GB of your RAM and swapping sticks until you've had every combination, testing FSX as you go. If you find one combination that's stable, then the RAM that's currently out is at fault. Get it replaced and you should be OK. If that doesn't solve it, then here's few ideas which might help:

1. Is the 480 overclocked at all? FSX will make it work harder than just Windows by a huge degree. The temp in your screenshot above looks OK (the GPU has a max temp of 105C) but it can cool down from a spike very quickly. Could be overheating, especially if the heatsink isn't seated 100%.

2. Have you checked for BIOS updates for both your motherboard and the 480? You may not have the absolute latest BIOS on either just because they're new - they might have been sitting on the distributor's shelf for a while. I know there's been at least one update for the 480 since launch.

3. In FSX, do you have DX10 Preview Mode turned on? If so, try turning it off and see if that makes a difference. Fiddle with the graphics settings in general and see if it makes any difference. Your card should certainly be able to work with max sliders, but if a particular parameter makes a difference it'll point you in the right general direction.

4. Have you overridden the 3D settings for FSX at the driver level? I hear tell that sometimes if you force anti-aliasing at the driver level but leave it off in FSX, for example, you can get problems.

5. I don't think 64-bit is your problem. NVidia has had a long time to optimise its WDDM drivers for 64-bit. And as you say, if you run 32-bit then Windows will only see 3.5GB of your RAM. But you could acquire a cheap, small hard disk, put 32-bit Windows and FSX on it, and run some tests, just in case.

6. Try installing a few other demanding games (Crysis, Fallout 3 etc) if you have them, and then play them full-on for a while, see if you get crashes with any of these. If it's just FSX causing the crashes then that would suggest there is a generic incompatibility between FSX and the 480, which would very odd but not impossible. If so, I'd be surprised if you're the only one who's seeing it.

Hope any of that helps... let us know how you get on.

3. Thanks oal331 thanked for this post
    150+ Forum Groupie

Oops - didn't see your last reply. Still, some of the points above might be worth checking out. Fingers crossed for you

Neilh

many thanks for spend your time to reply and make a such long and in detail reply.

Enjoy every flight

Eddie
    Eddie Armaos
    Athens-Greece

[

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12