75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Saitek Yoke/TQ issues - If you have one, pls read

Hi All

I have two Saitek yokes and two TQ's. They started to pack up slowly, where the TQ levers became erratic and unusable after only around a year. Apparently this is due to Saitek using what is effectively Trim Pots instead of proper pots in their TQ's. (Trim pots are only made to be adjusted and left alone). So, because of poor support (well nil support - not even a reply) from MadCatz who look after Saiteks warranties, I went out and replaced both Yokes and TQ's at £130 a pop.

I tried to calibrate them, and I find that they have "factory calibrated" them and the option to calibrate no longer shows. After finding out via a third party, I had to remove an entry in the registry, so that no previous calibration state was present. I was stupid enough to think a straight swap of the units would be okay, but no. Nothing mentioned in the packaging or instructions either to warn me that you can no longer calibrate them yourself.

I have ( to cut a long and painful story short) managed to get the yokes working and one TQ. I originally had the two TQ's so that the LH TQ would have parking brake, Eng 1 and 2, and the second one would have spoiler and flaps all assigned to axis.

The new second TQ will not work properly and using an axis for flaps gives either full flaps or flaps 5 only! Nothing inbetween and the spoiler axis will only bring them half out or off.

My point is that now Saitek have decided to change everything and remove control from us, what happens when these pots wear and we can no longer calibrate them.

Any help getting this second TQ functioning would be greatly appreciated as neither Saitek nor MadCatz want to help.

Thanks in advance
    Richard

500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar

Re: Saitek Yoke/TQ issues - If you have one, pls read

oh dear rich !
    don't worry , you are not alone.
    i have several other colleagues 'bitching' to me about the Saitek Yoke system.
    hopefully, if you shot loud enough, somebody may listen.
    good luck and hope you sort it.
    rgds ....

ian
    Mr. Ian. P. Sissons is hereby recognised as an Honorary Flight Sim Captain following his passing in February 2016. This is in recognition for his commitment to Flight Simulation.

www.mycockpit.org Featured Builder August 2008 www.737ng.co.uk
    FS9/PROSIM737/CPFLIGHT/Lots of BU0836X's and a Beer Fridge

Re: Saitek Yoke/TQ issues - If you have one, pls read

What sort of pots do they use? You can get an industrial quality pot with essentially unlimited lifespan for a fiver.
    Obviously replacing parts yourself is a last resort but sometimes it's the only way...