300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Microsoft Game Studios ARE BACK!

Nat posted this elsewhere and I'm just posting here in MYC for those that haven't heard it yet.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/

Check it out! Thanks Nat...

John

Edit:

Read the News about this on the website by following the link I typed above. Read especially about what Windows Live really is. It appears to me this is going to go where many of us had been saying a year ago or so; that any new Flight Simulator program will be target marketed for the causual gamer and not the dedicated simulation hobbyist.

Plus, read that part about add-ons in the Windows Live blurb. Seems to me their going to knock out Add-On companies or use them to do just Windows Live.

Still it's way too early for my opinions too mean anything, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where this is likely going with Microsoft. If you've never played Windows Live; just try GameSpy in your FSX version, and then you'll get the idea how...uh...it is, could be, or will be.

Although, I'll hope for the best because what is said today about "Microsoft Flight" will be old news when it arrives in 20-whenever!

2. Thanks mondo50m thanked for this post
    150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Microsoft Game Studios ARE BACK!

I guess the question is - will this be a full-featured simulator that can be used in a more gamer-friendly mode (with added social networking goodies etc) that we can turn off and use as a sim, or whether it's fundamentally a game rather than a sim and can't be used the way FSX and FS9 can.

Microsoft will want to appeal to bigger audiences than sim fans, but MSFS has always done pretty well over the years. A best of both worlds product would be great news for cockpit builders. A non-sim game would be worse than useless.

Let's just hope this doesn't put Aerosoft off its FS successor project - it all seems to have gone a bit quiet over there of late.

NH

Have CNC-----will build.

Re: Microsoft Game Studios ARE BACK!

I jumped the gun and posted also about this. I can not click on the arrow and get the video. Was anyone else able to view the video....I get a connection error.

Milt