Thread: Hey everyone !

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hey everyone !

Gday all,

Signed up about a week ago, been looking around the place and it seems very informative.
    I think Ill be sticking around here a while so thought I'd say hello

Bit about myself,
    Names Daniel, I live in Australia (Perth) and have been into planes since I can remember.
    Started flying at 12 but it was an hour or two a year so decided it wasn't worth it until I could pay for myself and do an hour every week/fortnight.
    So with that, I asked for Flight Sim 2000 and since began the simming days.
    I'm now 2 tests away (theory and prac) from obtaining my PPL in a 172, also will be able to fly the Eagle 150.

Always was mesmerised by people who make up life like cockpits but never had the skills, time, money or patience to attempt it.
    I still don't have the skill or any real spare cash left over but its enough to get started.

Have been thinking about building a generic, but strong resemlance to a PC-12 / King Air and I will be starting small and ever so slowly adding to it.
    First up will be a projector and a screen for the instruments, followed by a couple of switches for landing gears and have to somehow make something for flaps (3 way switch or rotary encoder perhaps ?).
    Wouldn't mind building a radio stack purely to add to the realism of changing freqs, more so for additional realism and practise more than anything.

Cheers for a good forum (I'd put a thumbs up, but no icon for it)

Re: Hey everyone !

Hey daniel
    welcome to mycockpit, im sure you will find a wealth of information here, heres a guy i know here in sydney that is doing a kingair, which ive had the pleasure to join him on a flight. here ya go just to get ya started.. http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/album.php?u=2820

Cheers..
    Riche..

Hi Daniel welcome from another aussie

Mate now you have made the decision to start building I am afraid its addictive.
    Like you I read heaps of forums and was a long time lurker on here for many years until I made that fateful ((for the wallet)or should that be fatal
    ?) decision to start.
    One thing that did stand out to me was to make sure that you keep the sim flyable when building as a good fly reinvigorates you when you get a bit behind in the build.
    cheers
    Dave
    Cheers
    Dave

Thanks for the link Riche. The pictures give many ideas - they sure have done a good job.
    Addictive - aren't all the good hobbies It only becomes a problem when you have too many that you run out of hours in a day to do them all.

Contemplating having the bare essentials, as mentioned above. When it comes to building the panels and screens and implementing the rest, I might keep simming on a desktop until its complete. Being in something totally incomplete would make me sad.

Cheers for the replies.

Hey again everyone,

Progress to date on the hardware of side is zilch however FSX is running better than ever and I've just finished PPL training so I have some free time and money to spend on the sim.
    Saitek rudder pedals, yoke and throttle quadrant on the way (itll do for now anyways) and will start on the radio stack in the coming weeks - have been reading in the free time beforehand so it hopefully goes mostly trouble free