Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Totally lost with outputs card

I merged the scripts and it seemed to work ok and altered the sioc.ini line so the path was correct for the sioc.exe. Nothing worked, the mcp and efis went dead and the usb outputs card failed to work.
    So i have reverted to the 2 sioc.exe that start up my mcp and efis and again they work flawlessly, so im back to square one, a usb outputs board not doing anything.
    I have 2 files downloaded from open cockpits, the mcp file and the efis file, i think this is why i have 2 sioc.exe. These are on my desktop and the 2 modules are started from here.In each of these folders are the sioc.exe for each module and a seperate sioc.ini for each too.
    I also have downloaded the sioc installer from o/c which installs into c:/program files/iocards/sioc and when i open this file there is loads of different files which i dont really understand, in there though is another sioc.exe which i used to run the usb outputs script unsuccessfully, and another sioc.ini.

The more i play around with this the worse it gets and thats why i've gone back to how it was, I'm at my wits end and totally deflated.

I hope someone can understand my ramblings

Thanks in advance
    Steve

Hmm!
    Strange Steve! Looking at your post nothing seems wrong!

I would recommend to uninstall all instances of SIOC and reinstall one instance of SIOC.

I know that this might feel risky for you to do. You could end up with nothing working and unable to understand the help you're getting. And to be honest, I'm not sure I can help you if you become stuck.

so It's your choice...

If you post your scripts, or send them to me atteched to a PM I could look at them.

I'm at work right now, so I can't advice on possible problems in the SIOC.INI file.

But there are a couple of things you could check. I'll tell you later.

Now i just need to assign each piece of hardware correctly i think ( the mcp,efis and outputs card )
    Hmm!
    I'm not sure I understand but I sounds like you're saying you need reassign your outputs and inputs numbers. This should be unnecessary if they are work in your original setup (with two sioc.exe running)?
    The only script you might need to do something with is the script for outputs

Arctic Cockpit Project-Vardų, Norway (2002-2010) 737NG-PM-OC-FDS

3. Thanks Steve A thanked for this post

Thanks so much for trying to help, if i get the time tonight i'll try to pm the scripts across to you, you might be able to see a problem from there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12