Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VC panning

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: VC panning

I agree that my approach does create the effect you describe. You can ameliorate it to a degree by adjusting the zoom level of each screen (1.00 for all seems to work best) but you can't eliminate it. I adjust my horizon at the outset so that there is a band of acceptable vision from look out the window to look about 30 degrees above the horizon. This works well when looking up and left (or right) for the runway on the crosswind leg on a curved taildragger approach. Looking down into the cockpit tends to look dreadful if you look at the side screeens - but again (for me) in a single engined central seat taildragger - you look down and center and don't look at the side screens.

I'm taking delivery of a 24" 1900 x 1200 touch screen this week for center screen. That way I hope that I can look down and flick switches and adjust trim wheels by touching the correct thing on screen and I will be forced to look center screen even more so the effect on side screens will be not worth worrying about.

3 puns in the first two sentences!
    Quicker, Better, Cheaper - pick two

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: VC panning

My cat got fascinated by your crawling bug in your profile pic while watching the screen today. There are a lot of paw prints on screen need cleaning off now!
    Quicker, Better, Cheaper - pick two

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12