Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Learjet 45 FSX cockpit simulator help and ideas.

Hello everyone,

I apologize if this is a duplicate thread of any kind. I am kind of stuck in the planning process of building a Learjet 45 Cockpit simulator.

Basically what I want to do it have 1 main screen (or projector) for the outside front view, and then two or three monitors for the instrument displays (Nav Display, Attitude Display, engine performance display). My graphics card can support three monitors (1 HDMI output, 1 DVI output, and 1VGA output) and I would like to try to keep this on one computer. The modules I would like to use are the GoFlight Inc. autopilot, radios, switches, and push buttons. As well as the VrInsight CDU-II.

I know how to set up and use the GoFlight modules, but where I am stuck is on the instrument displays for the seperate monitors. I have tried p8r, freeFD, and RJglass... And could not get them set up right to display the information coming from FSX. I also cannot get the NAV to display the route I programmed in using the provided FMCs. Also if I were to get the VrInsight CDU would that sync up with the NAV information on the Nav Displays?

Any suggestions on software and setup would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

75+ Posting Member

Re: Learjet 45 FSX cockpit simulator help and ideas.

Im still looking for a decent Free ND display for a stop gap until I decide on a payware glass cockpit software so I cant help you there. I own the VRinsight MCP/combo and based on my experience with it it should sync up nicely with default planes. Although for a little more you could probably buy a lot better CDU unit elsewhere..

Well, I found something interesting to use for a CDU instead of the VrInsight one (which had bad reviews from what I read on multiple sites). Here is a video of a USB touchscreen monitor being used http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chftRBtx_E0 . Also as far as panels go, i have been looking at VFR-Cockpit, specifically the XFR-Lear45 http://www.dmartias.fr/fr/kit-xfr.htm at the bottom. Apparently they also provide the software that moves the instruments to the locations cutout on the panel but im not certain.

this actually would make my set-up easier. And it all can be done on one computer! Im not worried about framerates tho as my computer is pretty updated and has a lot of power.

P8R is great and combined with FreeFD and a great screen blanking program called zorro you can get something like a Learjet display:-

Also for the learjet 45 you can download my Crew warning Panel, Radio Management Unit and Standby Gauge programs from my website:-
    http://www.learjet45chimera.co.uk

Email or pm me if you would like a copy of the guide I use that explains how to use P8R

Thanks Dave, Ill shoot you an email tonight when I get off work. I have tried p8r and failed miserably at getting it to work (along with freeFD). I have the learjet friendly panel, and use their FMS but could not get the nav data to show up... Im guessing they use different coding and dont connect to the default FSX nav as friendlypanels does.

Tim

or if you want to shoot me an email with the info, my address is metallicastr2k@gmail.com

Hey Dave, I took a look at your web page and I have to say it blew me away. Thats a nice set up you got there. Love the panels. Id post my sim but right now its 1 monitor with virtual cockpit and a CH yoke and pedals... not very fancy.

On a side note, does anyone know if VFR-Cockpit also supplys the software to move the displays to the locations? I friend says he thinks it does but cannot confirm it, and I have googled and searched far and wide to figure this out. Also emailed the manufacturer, but he hasnt replied yet so yeah.