150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mycockpit.org Anyone interested in a free sim?

Hi,

I set out many years ago to build a good sized immersive cockpit. I got as far as a useable cockpit with raised floor, MIP, and some structure. I need to get rid of it and can't bring myself to throw it away. Most here will understand what I mean when I say I've spent hundreds of hours on this.

The "buyer" can have the floor, structure and MIP unit for free. I will sell the 3 screens installed in it, as part of the pack, at very reasonable prices if interested. The unit also has 2 leather chairs that I've created a linear runner for, so they move forward and back but also swivel. They will also be available, or I can sell to non aviation enthusiasts (*spit*).

The structure needs to be taken away quite soon and the 'buyer' needs to take the whole thing. I did have the foresight to make the largest part in 4 sections so it can be taken apart. It would still need a large RAM or panel sided truck (or trailer).

My question is where is the best place to advertise this? This site's classified section seems obvious but most people here already have a sim so just seek parts. Also I may need wider coverage because the "buyer" will probably be relatively local to me (Vancouver, Canada). I was thinking of this site and ebay but how does one classify this kind of thing on the latter?

I will post some images on here when I have a moment. I can break the project apart for disposal in a few hours, but can't bring myself to do that unless there's no takers. Remember I'm giving away the key parts of a semi- complete cockpit that you could use as is, without adding many more pieces to.

The additional pieces I have (at a cost) are
    - 3 flat screens mounted in MIP
    - 2 x high grade leather chairs "Manager" style chairs, improvising pilot seating
    - Sound system
    - Side yoke (cockpit was originally meant to be airbus)
    - Panel lighting
    - GoFlight metal rudder pedal
    - GoFlight MCP Pro

I will either include these with the cockpit at additional (realistic) charge or sell separately after the cockpit has been taken away. The only unit that could be bought remotely is the MCP Pro which we'll work out a price for if I don't package it with the cockpit.

Thanks for any help. And if you're near to Vancouver with suitable transport, get in touch quick.

Paul
    VANCOUVER
    Jet fighter / single pilot sim, plus thinking of a 777 as a secondary sim.

500+ This must be a daytime job 737NUT's Avatar

Re: Anyone interested in a free sim?

Wish i lived close to you!

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Re: Anyone interested in a free sim?

Paul I'm sorry to see you give up your project, but understandable.

Because of the unusual circumstances I will leave your post here, but locked.

Please list the individual items in the classifieds with pictures and preferably with prices.

Again, I hate to see you give it up and see you disappear from our site.

Matt Olieman