Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curved Screen

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Curved Screen

Thinking about my screen setup.
    I have limited space and I must be able to kinda pull aside the screen for various purposes.
    I was thinking of installing a curved curtain rail having the radius I need to the floor and another one on the ceiling and have very light satin curtains or some better white material span in between, using small wheels, with which I can slide the curtains aside. There must be a span mechanism. In this way, I might also be able to have two curvatures, horizontal and vertical like the screens in post #1 of this thread. Will be doing some research in this and report if I can get on with it.
    Chris

500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar

Hi Chris,

I thought the same thing, witgouit wheels, installed on the wall, without the bottom rail. My idea was to put weights every lets say 10 cms on the bottom of the curtain

To be honest I am not extremely happy with this idea, so I keep on researching...

BTW has anyone tried this solution maximised of course in our 2 meters wide cockpits ?

http://www.frex.com/gp/canopy/canopy_en.html

It looks like a nice idea, but has to be adapted in FS instead of car racing...

75+ Posting Member

My first attempt will be with PVC 3/4" pipe bent to the radius I need. Planned on doing it so the screen could be broken down (i.e. not gluing all the connections) when not in use or I need to do something in the garage. I was going to throw the dropcloths over it until I get it right, then though of buying blackout cloth and having either pockets sewn in it to push the pipe through (with eyelets on the end to stretch it, or just using tape backed velcro to hold it in place. If I could get a free weekend soon (not likely with 4 kids at home) I will lay it out and provide some photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1150 View Post
    BTW has anyone tried this solution maximised of course in our 2 meters wide cockpits ?

http://www.frex.com/gp/canopy/canopy_en.html

It looks like a nice idea, but has to be adapted in FS instead of car racing...
    Giasou Nick. Pos Pai? Nice ideas for screens! That would be great. Any ideas what the costs run?

500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fsaviator View Post
    Giasou Nick. Pos Pai? Nice ideas for screens! That would be great. Any ideas what the costs run?
    Hi Warren,

In fact this week I am ordering my pedestal, but I am already researching my next parts (seats & external visuals). I still have not ordered my projectors, just beacuse I still have not decided where it would be better to install them (ceiling is out of my options). So I am still researching

The frex screen is designed for racing car simulation, which is half the size of our cockpits and cost 1000 euro in Japan !!!! In my opinion the otimum solution would be the costruction of a fiberglass half dome, something like 1/4 of a lemon, with 3 to 3,5 dimensions diameter. The cost of course will be too high again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12